CYOA: Let's Not Get Out of Hand

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Stealthy drives to the local grocery store. He locks his car and heads inside. Stealthy hums to himself as he pushes around a cart. He picks up some fresh produce, a dozen eggs, and a gallon of milk. While Stealthy is getting the milk, @Anatronman walks by and snickers just faintly enough that Stealthy hears it.

"Hello Anatron," says Stealthy politely. "Can I help you with something?"

"What do you think you're doing?" asks Anatron, nearly laughing. "Buying groceries?"

"You're very observant," smiles Stealthy.

"Isn't that something you'd have a goon take care of?" asks Anatron. "I bet you have a combination of robot assistants and foreign diplomats serving you food every day. You're Stealthy! You cant' tell me you actually...make sandwiches and do your own chores and shit. You're up to something!"

Stealthy sighs and pinches his nose.

What does Stealthy do?

-Lie (Tell Anatron that buying these groceries is crucial to undermining the economic infrastructure of organizations that Stealthy is at odds with)
-Tell the truth (Tell Anatron that Stealthy is just buying groceries)

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Tell the truth, but do it with a conspiratorial wink and put special emphasis on how he's just buying groceries.

Requiem

But, this can't be the first time he's ever bought groceries. Who has he interacted with before? Unless it truly does seem out of the ordinary since he's all of a sudden buying groceries. What's changed for him to have to buy groceries? Or at least what's going on that would cause Anatron to think it's out of the ordinary?

I know there's no need to think that hard about it, but I think there's a legitimate angle to this where Anatron could be right and Stealthy is actually up to something.

Only really posting that in order to give you some fuel to mess with stuff, TC.

I vote tell the truth as well.

Colonel Thunder

"This may come as a surprise to you," says Stealthy. "But despite the way TC tends to write me, I'm not some cigar-chewing puppetmaster billionaire. I'm smarter than all of you and I'm rich because of it. Not a comic book supervillain."

"Hmph," says Anatron. "Maybe I am reading a bit much into TC's stories and Walrus' slander. Sorry for the trouble."

"Don't worry about it," says Stealthy. "The next time you hear Walrus rant about me, remember to have your own perspective."

Stealthy uses the self-check out and puts the groceries in his car before getting in.

What else will Stealthy do today?

-go to the dry cleaners ((since apparently Stealthy's too good for the laundromat))
-go to the dentist for a cleaning
-grab lunch at Wolfy's Diner

Colonel Thunder

Stealthy drives to Wolfy's Diner, and finds it closed.

"When did this happen?" Stealthy thinks to himself as he gets out of his car and inspects the abandoned building.

"Wolfy hasn't been here in years," mumbles Tropag, lying in a nearby dumpster. "An' the forum's shrinking. Not enough business to keep business."

"I suppose it's been awhile since I came here," says Stealthy, eyeing the decrepit building. "Hmm..."

What will Stealthy do?

-personally finance the re-establishment of Wolfy's Diner
-make some phone calls, go home and make an omelot

Walrus

It would be more evil to make an "omelot." I'll vote for that option for sake of keeping Stealthy in character.

Colonel Thunder

Stealthy pulls out his phone and begins thumbing through contacts.

"I'll take a loss, but it'll be good to keep this place running," he thinks. "Long term investment."

Meanwhile, across town...

Officer @13thforsworn finishes practicing his Ukrainian martial arts as his wrist beeps.

"Break's over!" says 13th. "Back to work!"

13th adjusts his police badge and gets into his squad car, newly refurbished after it was trashed during a few forum events.

"How should I stop communism and other crimes today?" says 13th to himself.

What does 13th do?

-confront Tirin about his many parking tickets
-give Req a lecture about being homeless and direct him to approved resources
-ask Easy if the courts need any help with field work

Top Bottom