CYOA: Let's Not Get Out of Hand

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
"Okay, I'm sorry," says Regis, crossing two fingers behind his back. "Can we go now?"

"Sure thing buddy," says Shizno, patting Regis on the head.

The two of them get into Shizno's car.

"Shizno, what's the hold up?" asks Regis after several seconds. He looks over and sees that Shizno fell asleep. It was time for his mid-morning nap, after all.

"You lazy, good for nothing..." growls Regis, kicking Shizno in the side. "Hey, wake up!"

Shizno mumbles, but is fast asleep despite Regis provoking him.

What does Regis do?

-try to wake up Shizno another way
-push Shizno out of the driver seat and drive the car himself

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Anatron's right, the choice is obvious. Push Shizno out and start driving.

Colonel Thunder

"Forget this," growls Regis as he pushes Shizno out of the car and onto the ground. I'll just drive myself."

Regis starts the car, but finds that his little dog legs can't reach the peddles without him scooting down so far he can't see out the windshield.

"This is fine," says Regis, backing over Shizno's mailbox. "So long as I alternate between seeing and using the pedals, I'll get to the doctor with no problem."

--------------

Meanwhile, across town...

"There's Andy!" thinks Firedemon, walking toward Andy with his large bag of Texlantis loot. "This crazy Aussie is sure to buy what I have left!"

Andy is standing in his garage fixing his car. Andy's crazy driving led to it getting pretty banged up.

"Oi there FD," says Andy. "What'cha got in that bag?"

"Comically oversized weapons and other artifacts from Texlantis," says Firedemon. "You interested?"

"I might buy one item off ya," says Andy.

Suddenly, Req crawls out of the gutter with his own bag of loot.

"Wait, Andy! I have better loot than Firedemon!" says Req.

"So you were the one trailing me in Texlantis," smiles FD. "Too bad Req, I took all the good stuff before you arrived!"

"But you missed some hidden caches, because I'm a better looter," brags Req. "You already sold your trash to Tag Ross. Andy's my client. Now back off."

"I have a better idea," smiles FD. "How about we have a good old fashioned Texas duel, with the loot we acquired?"

"I guess whoever wins probably has the better loot," thinks Andy out loud. "Or, if one of you can beat me in a fair fight with your loot, then that works too."

What does Req want to do?

-challenge FD to a Texan duel (ranged weapons)
-challenge Andy to an Australian duel (melee weapons)
-undercut FD's prices and sell to Andy that way

Requiem

Custom option, everyone goes and watches a movie, gets some pizza, and then we all look through the loot as pals to see what sells best and who could use what more.

Requiem

Though if we have to pick, I do use bows and guns at my summer camp enough to get some measure of experience with ranged combat, enough for forum lore at least. Andy and I also are around the same build, iirc, I just have meatier legs than most in terms of muscle. My upper body isn't much to write home about.

I can go either way here on ranged combat versus melee, but I like my custom option the most as it plays to my actual strengths of talking my way out of problems rather than trying to fight my way out.

That's my number one trait, I always thought. I can talk things through well. I don't generally fight.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Resolve things peacefully... through the power of economics. Sell that shit to Andy for cheap.

Requiem

I'd prefer to work with FD rather than undercut him. He did offer to help me and my family out after the hurricane, he said so in a post here on the forum. I politely declined since we didn't need the help, but there should definitely be some solidarity amongst us Texans in dealing with this loot.

That's why I say work something out with FD peacefully as opposed to undercutting him and selling to Andy for cheap. Just wouldn't be right to do otherwise, imo.

Colonel Thunder

Req thinks about his options.

"Hey, Firedemon, let's not," says Req, relaxing.

Firedemon looks confused.

"We're both Texans, man." says Req. "Haven't enough Texans gotten rekt by mother nature recently? Let's not add to that, y'know."

"I guess you've got a point," says FD, lowering his bag of loot. "We can talk things out. Come to an agreement like the respectable businessmen we are."

"Okay boys, I'm ready to rumble!" says Andy.

Req and FD turn to see Andy's sleek, muscular, butt-naked body dripping with honey.

"Oh we uh, we decided to talk things out instead," says FD.

"That works too," says Andy. "Fuckers made me waste my last bucket of honey though. You better have some good loot!"

FD's stomach grumbles.

"You guys want to grab lunch and talk shop?" suggests FD.

"Sure!" says Andy.

What does Req suggest?

-talk business over lunch at Wolfy's Diner
-talk business over lunch at FD's
-talk business over lunch at Andy's

Requiem

Vegemite chocolate is neato and I like it.

Let's go to Wolfy's. Keep that story symmetry going. Maybe Stealthy has literally already renovated the place in the few hours since he decided he'd help out.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Go to Wolfy's, that motherfucker best have got that work done. Plus, a diner's a much better place for lunch negotiations, since everybody's free to talk at once instead of somebody being busy making the damn food.

Colonel Thunder

"I think Wolfy's is open again," says Req. "Under new management or something."

"Heh, heh, heh," chuckles FD. "Sure!"

"That sounds great!" says Andy, walking inside his house. "I'll go put some clothes on."

Soon, the three of them walk towards Wolfy's, loot and all.

Meanwhile, across town...

"That about wraps things up," says Stealthy, looking at the Shadowbots that had been re-purposed as wait-staff. "Just need to hire a cook now, since the bots can't do that."

Who does Stealthy call to be the cook?

-Bob
-Jeroth
-TC
-Anatron

Top Bottom