Forumer Chat Thread

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Just got back from my first wedding going as stag.

No one was attractive except for some of the bride's cousins and they were insane according to the other groomsmen, bridesmaids and her brother.

I drank a bit and went home.

I'm still unsure how to feel about weddings.

AndyM03

Pre CK2 coalition patch/Vic2/HoI3 or bust babyy
Nah EUIV is good but there were a lot of step backs to go with the step forwards and I really don't trust paradox much these days.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Translation: everyone else was already paired off.
It was just a bizarre wedding since there wasn't a rehearsal dinner and it was really off-the-cuff. I went into the wedding knowing absolutely nothing except what time and where we were meeting. In the same vein, I wasn't super close with the bride, her family or the Groom's family. So I was at a wedding where I didn't know too many people and I decided to just chat with a few friends.

Also, I'm not too keen on the whole "big wedding celebration" thing. I'd much rather have a small family ceremony - not invite any friends. The money that would go towards the wedding would go towards a nice dinner with the immediate family, a down payment on a house and being able to throw an insane house party for my friends.

You don't go to friends' weddings to meet people, Jeroth.

You go to friends' weddings for the scotch bars.

And if they don't have a scotch bar, they're not your friend.
They sadly did not have a scotch bar, but they had an open bar. I had a variety of drinks and it was pretty nice. The food was pretty good too.

The Hound

Just Monika
So I've been to at least 20+ weddings in my life, which is a lot but what's weirder is that they were mostly from a specific culture. What I mean is that during my father's career he has worked with a lot of people of Assyrian descent and then when I worked for my dad I became friends with them, the reason this descent is important is because they're fans of 300+ people weddings that consist of a large portion of their community since there's so few of them and everyone knows everyone. So once you start get to know a few people you wind up getting invited a LOT OF FUCKING weddings because they basically invite you in hopes you stop by the wedding party to have a few drinks, dance some crazy Assyrian dances, and give them money as a wedding gift. You can go to the actual wedding but really only close family go to that and the wedding party is a community event. So lets see I worked with 100 people, 80% were Assyrian and I've been invited to more weddings than I can count.

I brought this up mostly because fuck weddings, but also to bring up this part:
The money that would go towards the wedding would go towards a nice dinner with the immediate family, a down payment on a house and being able to throw an insane house party for my friends.
Assyrians with their huge 300+ person weddings ACTUALLY MAKE MONEY OFF OF THEIR WEDDING! Fucking insane right? The amount they make easily pays off the wedding, all the food, the banquet hall, all the free liquor AND I've heard this from several people but my best buddy told me he paid off his entire balls to the wall honeymoon AND put a down payment down on his house.

All I know is I wish I knew 300+ people, which is why I continue to go to their weddings so they're obligated to come to mine whenever that happens.

Also fuck weddings.

Also also:
Solution: let's all Marry TC
How can TC consummate the marriages when his dick got ripped off?

Tag_Ross

It was just a bizarre wedding since there wasn't a rehearsal dinner and it was really off-the-cuff. I went into the wedding knowing absolutely nothing except what time and where we were meeting. In the same vein, I wasn't super close with the bride, her family or the Groom's family
Translation: they weren't white.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Who goes to the actual wedding ceremony around here's really something for the bride and groom to determine, but the receptions are usually as much of the extended family as can make it plus close family friends. I'm pleased to report that I nearly always get drunk at wedding receptions, 'cause it's a pretty fuckin' good time and nobody minds - I'm certainly not the only one.

Top Bottom