Forumer Chat Thread

13thforsworn

Am I the only one who's feeling apathy at this point with all the celebrity deaths? Either A. I've developed a bad case of Aspergers B. I just really didn't care that much about the last few deaths or C. there's been so many that unless they're as impactful to me as Bowie or Robin Williams it's hard to really be upset. In this case as much as I like Star Wars I was never a big fan of Leia or Carrie Fisher, now if something happened to Mark Hamill I'd be infinitely more upset.

I feel like I'm being a bastard man for not caring more.
I don't fault you at all. If you don't really care about their work, then it doesn't really impact you. At that point, it's basically the same as getting sad about some elderly man from Mongolia's death; sure it's sad, but it doesn't really affect you on an emotional level. This is how 99% of celebrity deaths are for me. I think the only "celebrity" death I ever truly cared about was probably Monty Oum, because I watched a lot of his work and grew to know him through that connection. You also got to see a lot of his personality due to the nature of Rooster Teeth's content. So ya, it's normal not to feel as sad as others if they had no meaning to you. Sympathize and empathize, but don't feel obligated to be distrought.

The Hound

Just Monika
That's true 13th, but it just feels like saying what I said these days with everyone on the internet mourning EVERYTHING that I come off kinda dickish not caring at all. Especially when it's someone like Carrie Fisher who most people can agree is iconic to a movie that was incredibly meaningful to so many. Like to me I care just about as much as I cared when the dude who was inside R2D2 died.

I feel no qualms not caring about George Michael's death since I never listened to his music and for the most part think of the character from Arrested Development before I think of the guy from Wham.

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
[12/25/2016 6:42:36 PM] Tirin: George Michael rest in peace.
[12/25/2016 9:27:04 PM] Peter C. (EZ): This fuckin' year, though.
[12/25/2016 9:27:17 PM] Peter C. (EZ): And it ain't even over yet, either.
[12/25/2016 9:27:28 PM] Tirin: There's only so much of it left.
[12/25/2016 9:50:53 PM] Peter C. (EZ): That's what I was thinking a couple days ago, and then...

Warthermair

So I was browsing Imgur and I think I might have run into a forumer.

Is that you @Warthermair getting hyped for Phil the Malamute? Or is that someone else with your name getting hyped?
Yea that's me, just point whoring. That's an easy 700~1000 point comment on imgur right now, about 1/3 of my total points. Trusted baby! (Oh god, please help me. I don't want this life)

The Hound

Just Monika
Yea that's me, just point whoring. That's an easy 700~1000 point comment on imgur right now, about 1/3 of my total points. Trusted baby! (Oh god, please help me. I don't want this life)
No need to explain, I'll be honest I'm pretty addicted to that site and have definitely point whored before. As for me I'm closing in on 150k points, I'm a little less than 8k away.

I was just really happy seeing a fellow forumer on Imgur.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Brutal. How many celebrities do you guys think'll die before New Year's?

Also I want to make an antagonist in d&d where death reaps the souls of the famous and talented to keep them close to himself.
Put 'em in Enmity, we've got nothing but talent and the fame will come naturally.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Brutal. How many celebrities do you guys think'll die before New Year's?
My money says: One more.
Put 'em in Enmity, we've got nothing but talent and the fame will come naturally.
Don't put 'em in Enmity; we've got mad talent, fame is just around the corner, and we're nowhere near high-level enough to take on Death himself.

AndyM03

I HAVE A THING FOR THIS.
Fuuuar this would have been way funnier if the song choice was better.
And I mean just plain It's raining men, cut the remix crap haha.

Really devastating news though honestly, like Bob said I can disassociate myself even from celebrities I care about, but the sudden deaths of a daughter and then the mother is just a tragedy everyone can understand.

Top Bottom