Forumer Chat Thread

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I don't normally watch very many tv shows. Most just don't interest me enough to find a way to stream them, but now they're making a show based in the John Wick universe.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
@Easy, I'm late, but no thanks. Whenever we maybe possibly do that mindnight mafia, I'd be down to play though.
Thanks for the response anyhow, and I'd definitely appreciate your input if you're down to spectate. It's a very different game type, and even after putting so many hours into trying to make sure the numbers add up, I still can only hope it'll come out to be as intense and action-heavy as I'd envisioned it. Having third-party input on what to change up in future runs would mean a lot.

Requiem

Okay Easy, make a death PM Convo of some sort or if you just want me and you in on it, that's fine to. I'd be happy to throw a word or two in!

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Okay Easy, make a death PM Convo of some sort or if you just want me and you in on it, that's fine to. I'd be happy to throw a word or two in!
Are you on Discord?

Requiem

I haven't gotten it installed yet, no. I'm kinda stuck at the moment just using my phone until I can move into my apartment on the 1st. There's a phone app, but it's a little unwieldy.

If you can do a PM convo on here, that would be good! If not, I can make it work

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
He means he wants a 24-hour party, TC, and he put in the Danger to earn it. Are you really going to betray your fans and your principles now that you've gotten big?

Firedemon

SpaceX/Elon Musk have been trying to hype it up as a big milestone in space exploration and I'm really hoping that hype spurs some investment in space. Building space probe instruments for NASA or ESA is kind of my dream job at this point, so don't let me down Musk you madman.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'm suspicious of anybody who's investing in space travel, because as noble and literally horizon-expanding as it is, people generally don't invest unless they see profit potential. It's got me wondering what's going to happen as far as extraterrestrial property rights go.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Heh.

AndyM03

I'm suspicious of anybody who's investing in space travel, because as noble and literally horizon-expanding as it is, people generally don't invest unless they see profit potential.
I may lean quite far to the left, but I don't see a problem with commercial driven space exploration so long as we get, y'know, space exploration. It's also likely the most efficient way to consistently have it occur rather then bi centennial propaganda wars.
Though that opinion relies on the strength of the government to regulate, which by the definition of democracy, evolves over time and political terms. So I see where you're coming from.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I may lean quite far to the left, but I don't see a problem with commercial driven space exploration so long as we get, y'know, space exploration.
Space exploration is meaningless unless it delivers some form of tangible benefit to people on Earth, as far as I'm concerned - as much as I appreciate the advances in science and engineering, I can't imagine the goal of SpaceX in the long run will be "let's make people happy" so much as "let's get fuckin' rich, bois". And, if used appropriately for other things, that money could go a long way.

It's also likely the most efficient way to consistently have it occur rather then bi centennial propaganda wars.
I don't think that that's necessarily true; the problem is with public support and being able to focus enough to get those big results. NASA's budget last year was something in the range of $15-20 billion dollars, which is much more than that of SpaceX; clearly, there's a problem (or at least something going on) with how those funds are administered.

Though that opinion relies on the strength of the government to regulate, which by the definition of democracy, evolves over time and political terms. So I see where you're coming from.
God, we're fucked.

AndyM03

I can't imagine the goal of SpaceX in the long run will be "let's make people happy" so much as "let's get fuckin' rich, bois". And, if used appropriately for other things, that money could go a long way.
I guess since you're like, an actual scientist you might have different views on how efficiently that money could be spent in the context of humanity's advancement. That being said, the mindset of "Let's get fuckin' rich, bois" has done us peasants quite well whenever it comes to innovation.
Let's just ignore Tesla v Edison tho. And probably many other stories like it.

Yeah I agree more government funding could possibly be just as if not more efficient than SpaceX type companies, but I also don't think we're at an environment where the competition aspect of capitalism has taken hold so we'll have to wait and see. To my knowledge SpaceX is actually a private company and does not have shareholders or anything of the sort, and could be considered somewhat similar to a government project.

Haha in Australia the opposition government has finally adopted stance towards building a federal anti-corruption body, something only far left environmentalist parties have called for before. I am quite optimistic regarding governments at the moment.

Top Bottom