I was taking a trip down memory lane and WHAT??? THIS EXISTS?

FireFrost

Fresh Meat
Holy shit.

I don't know if any of you remember me, but I'm an OG member of the Witty Wizard forums, I joined in Dec 2007 when it was fresh. I went by the same user. I have these strange flashback moments where I remember something that happened in the past vaguely and then the memories suddenly start flooding in, and I got taken away by a nostalgia wave for the urealms forums.
I had a war with another user, "Spiffums", which was probably the only notable thing about me other than random game threads. I left the forums for a while and it got revamped, and there were so many new people it was a bit overwhelming. I was surprised that when I posted, every once in a while someone would go "Hey! a rare FireFrost!" and even remembered me, even though the community was a lot bigger and different from what I remembered. I dissapeared again for a while and then the forums was gone entirely. I was pretty sad, but life goes on. I totally forgot about the community after.

But today, I just decided to google my old username in order to find some of those posts. I recall someone made a short song about my whole war with spiffums, but nothing came up except a post on this site asking for contacts of a bunch of old users, my name included, for an interview for an oral history. I swear I've looked my old name up before but never found this site, I wonder why. I guess it was before 2014

I perused around the site a little bit and I was surprised at the amount of names I recognized. Requim!13thforswarn! Like I said, I doubt any of these people remember me but it was crazy to think that people still post here and keep up.

It's actually kind of amazing.

I don't know if I'll post here frequently, but I just wanted to sign up and be a part of this whole thing. The fact that this community still exists is really blowing my mind right now, I genuinely cannot believe it. I'm just hoping someone who remembers me says hi and catches me up to speed.

So uh yeah, Hi!

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I remember you, too. It's good to have you back; the landscape has changed, but there're still plenty of people I think you'll recognize.

Requiem

We remember you. I used the wayback machine a few months ago to see if I could get Skype info from people's profiles on the old site. Got a fair few, but yours didn't come up at all, I don't think, even though I checked your profile a few times to see if I could make it work.

Glad to have you here. We're still alive and kicking.

Walrus

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
You were more memorable than you think, Firefrost. Good to see you around, again!

Chickenspleen

Welcome back. You were before my time, I think, but it's always good to see some new old faces.

FireFrost

Fresh Meat
Thanks everyone!!! This is wonderful, I'm glad to see so many familiar faces and some really nice new ones. Thanks for giving me all the updates on urealms as well, I finally got some closure I never knew I needed. Is there any more information that I need to catch up on?

It's very sad that we lost all of that history.. I wish there was a good archive of all of it, just to look back. I don't even remember that much stuff from it, I just remembered I had a lot of fun messing around with you guys, posting crappy art on Maelstorm's art critique threads, off topic games... good times.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Is there any more information that I need to catch up on?
I think you're pretty cleared up on it?

And I ended up changing my name, but I went by "Riyant" on the forums. I mostly ran mafia towards the end of it. Your name is a bit familiar to me, but I can't exactly place it.

posting crappy art on Maelstorm's art critique threads,
Man, I have Maelstrom on Facebook. I'm now tempted to see if I could bring him back.

The Hound

Just Monika
Hey FireFrost I vaguely remember you but mostly from other people mentioning you, I was Sideshow Bob on the oldish forums. Glad you could find us and get closure on what was such a great community. Hope you stick around.

Last edited:

Requiem

I think the only other person I have from Urealms would be Korny.

I'd kill for some art streams by Maelstrom though, assuming he still did them.
Getting Mael and Korny here would be awesome. This place has the benefit of Rob and Kitty not being involved in it in any fashion which is wonderful! No one randomly shitting on people for no reason.

And Frost (FF? We can't call you Fire, FD already took that one haha), be ready to be part of the overall lore of the forums. We've been on a major writing kick lately, making stories about ourselves because we're fuckin goobers.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Getting Mael and Korny here would be awesome. This place has the benefit of Rob and Kitty not being involved in it in any fashion which is wonderful! No one randomly shitting on people for no reason.
I don't know if I could get Korny, but I sent Mael a screen cap of TC's post over Facebook.

13thforsworn

I perused around the site a little bit and I was surprised at the amount of names I recognized. Requim!13thforswarn! Like I said, I doubt any of these people remember me but it was crazy to think that people still post here and keep up.

I definitely remember you! Glad that you found our little refuge. Welcome back.

Top Bottom