Ended Jeroth's Overwatch Mafia [ Town Victory!]

Anatronman

I still haven’t switched my Lynch or called Easy scum. I disagreed with Andy, but at least he didn’t spend 90% of his posts rage baiting and holding everyone else to a higher standard.

At this point, the “Lightning Rod Maneuvre” is looking less like a master class in Mafia and more like make fun of active players hour.

AndyM03

I'm just going to point out again 99% of my posts that haven't been replies, have been criticising Tirin in a meta way rather then as a scum hunt. My original lynch is standing as a lack of better choices and to stand out from a crowd of basically 0 lynches. I did not think Tirin was mafia because he was mean, I was flat out annoyed at him and found the game less enjoyable because of it. I think most of the comments saying "Tirin hasn't been that aggressive this game" are referring to his accusation count rather then language, as they very well should be, the language is a meta argument. My posts have not been along that line of thinking. I didn't want to continue this argument, and instead get back to the game, but I have seen many posts confusing this point, conflating my meta posts with real posts.

Tbh it's been pretty confusing day regardless and I don't really see a great lynch anywhere as of the moment.

Dunsparce

I think it's safe to call Easy's Lightning Rod Strat a failure, 'cause so far we have seven pages of fuck all. Maybe tomorrow we'll get some new info that will shed some light on the discussion of today, but right now we've got next to nothing.

I think I'm gonna switch my lynch to Andy, because Easy at least had some kind of reason to play the way he's been playing, while Andy hasn't really said anything to kill my suspicion. Unlynch Yeazy; Lynch Andy

Last edited:

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Who has tho thumbs and hasn't read the whole thread yet? THIS GUY!

No excuse there. I apologize. I'll be back in 3 hours and I'll have 30 minutes to try to digest the thread and post. I was kinda worthless today. Sorry.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
And to help me out, what is our Discord information? I can download the app and if I forget to check the site again (I don't foresee that happening), y'all can get a hold of me there. Or even on Facebook if that works for some of you. Anyways, good morning everyone reading this on Sunday morning and good afternoon Andy.

https://discord.gg/ngMg95

I got you, bby. <3 And glad to have you back.

Votes:
Andy - 3 (Anatron, Tirin, Dunsparce)
Tirin - 1 (Andy)
Tag Ross - 1 (TC)
TC - 1 (Firedemon)

5 votes to finalize a lynch.

Requiem

Is there anyone who hasn't had a chance to really post besides me? Is there anyone who needs to get into the conversation? If not, I can make a hard vote, but I wanna see if we can't get anymore day talk before doing so.

And Andy, I'm aware that you were talking about Tirin's literal aggressiveness and not his scum hunting. That's what I was referring to actually. Tirin pointed out a quote from you that he says wasn't cool of you and that's why he started talking the way he was. That's the aggression I was referring to. It's pretty normal for Tirin to go rage mode like that, he's made a point to explain that in the past, far as I remember. That's what I think a few of us mean when we say it's not out of the ordinary.

I understand that you wanted to get past that part of the discussion, but seeing as it was a big part of day 1 and I hadn't made a post yet, it seemed pertinent for me to say something about it.

As for Easy's Lightning Rod Maneuver failing or succeeding, Dunsparce, I wouldn't say it went either way. It kinda did what it was meant to do, make Easy look bigger and badder in terms of his role than anyone else. It was a dangerous play to make so it worked out in some fashion depending on how you look at it. That said, it didn't really pull people out of inactivity overall, but I could see how it would do so in a game with more players.

That said, I'll be checking the thread more often. Thanks for the Discord link, Jeroth!

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah I was really confused the first time I read that one post. I had no idea what he was talking about with the role claiming as widow stuff. It'd be very weird if widowmaker was not mafia considering she is a very evil character.
I was more concerned with the idea that he thought the most probable explanation for strolling out into enemy territory with my dick swinging out and both middle fingers up was that I was very powerful and completely defenseless. Not that I'm above double-bluffing like that, don't get me wrong, and in fact I could absolutely be doing something like that right now. It just hurts my feelings a little that he went so far as to say that was the most, or even only viable explanation. =(
Oh, right, just like in Daykill Mafia where I was so dangerous to your lynch-your-buddy strategy that you shot me dead in your first post. I suppose, at least, that had less risk involved - I'm pretty good at getting people lynched. I see you've still got that hand down your pants, though; for the children's sake, keep it out of there. All I'm seeing from you is obfuscation and impossible-to-call softclaims.
Hey now, I don't have to take that kind of talk from somebody who's so into himself, he had a fantasy about being so feared and dreaded for his scumhunting prowess that even I executed him right off the bat as scum player in Day Kill Mafia, and then started living in it. I executed Lotus right off the bat in Day Kill Mafia - my scum buddy, remember? Even in that game, where I was willing to start off by outright sacrificing a teammate just for shits and giggles, you weren't worth the bad PR from singlehandedly being responsible for killing a Townie. But you were worth nightkilling right after that, admittedly, because at least you weren't gullible enough to believe that I actually just so happened to fire off randomly and hit scum for no particular reason.
What - a good reason to claim people should focus me? It'll get me talking (irrelevant, since I will anyway), but put pressure on me that might make me slip up if I'm scum (unlikely). If you're a tracker, you could determine who targeted me in a night if I were to die - but it probably wouldn't matter. I suspect that, given the nature of this game, plenty of people have damaging abilities to throw out, both scum and town.
Hm. Alright. See, I didn't ask that obnoxious ass question to smugly posture at my superiority. I was actually wondering if you were still so fixated over a one-sentence throwaway line - made as part of a bit which I've explicitly acknowledged was just a way of stirring up shit with almost no prior information or context to work with - because you were so self-absorbed as to not see how anything directed at you could possibly lack greater meaning beyond the obvious implications, or because you were feeling paranoid about the possibility of getting randomly gypped out of an otherwise perfectly clean deception.

The right answer was the obvious one: when trying to turn up the heat in a game of Mafia, look to Tirin, for he has absolutely no chill at all. So I did. But I wanted to see if you had any kind of convoluted, multi-layer theory that might explain why you felt so threatened by such an obviously toothless gesture... turns out you just got super traumatized by the fact that somebody actually pointed at you. Weird.

Suspiciously weird.
Your motivation is blurry at best - as is every plan you've thrown out so far, many of which have been easy to justify retroactively, since you'd never openly state one.
Obviously. Lot of good any Day 1 hunting plan would be if I told the Mafia all about it beforehand.
Funny how you expect me to go out of my way to analyze your motives (probably just to discredit said analysis), but have been strangely lacking in active analysis yourself.
Nah. Honestly, considering that I've been posting on my phone from work for most of it, I'm kinda impressed with how much I've been able to get in. Helps to be hyped about the role, I suppose.
Yeah, yeah, completely hype yourself up as being the world's best scumhunter. You started the day with a lynch on a townie that hasn't gone anywhere, and progressed to saying that Firedemon is probably scum because he showed up after he was pinged.
I said no such thing, on either count.
It looks to me like you're trying hard to establish reasons for town to trust you.
Duh. Team fight on me, babyyy.
Funnily enough, though, you've been more than content to completely ignore any connection I've made between you and Andy, and also haven't put your microscope up to him once throughout this game even though he's done plenty of things that could be interpreted as scummy - as myself and other players (namely Anatron) have commented on.
Even ignoring that half the argument for lynching Andy is that you think we're scumbuddies - an argument which holds no merit whatsoever because I'm Town to begin with - most of the other half was that he overreacted to some prodding, by which logic I should be favoring a lynch on you most of all. And furthermore, even if he is scum who's just been hoping to keep on my good side, we both know lynching him would get me no Townie cred at this juncture. When we start this Night phase, I gotta know if somebody's with me (optimal) or not (acceptable); anything in-between is worse than either.

Speaking of posting on phone. Gotta clean this up as I get the time, now...

Yeah, I'm totally sure that the ways that we're posting reflect not only our alignment, but also the Overwatch characters randomly selected for us. You know what he meant, come the fuck on.
They weren't randomly selected for the roles, though. Scum are Talon, which was clear from the OP and only the OP as far as a Townie was concerned.

Any guesses as to how I already knew that last part yesterday?
So I googled it and it turns out a couple non-white characters are in this group called Talon (which makes me feel less bad about this racist ass list I almost posted yesterday).

While I am a dumbass for not triple checking the OP for the one tiny line about agents of Talon (which is pretty ambiguous for someone who doesn’t know what that means), it would be fucking hard to write all that shit if I knew I was wrong from the start.
I didn't write that to call you a dumbass - though you've been madly coming at me far beyond all reason since your "I'd rather not blind lynch; let's lynch Easy just to see what happens instead" intro moment. If it hadn't been an understandable mistake (mild oversight) in a pool of understandable mistakes (furious tunnel vision), I'd have suspected it was just a hamfisted ploy instead.
I guess you’re saying you wouldn’t be playing like this unless you had a lot of health.
Oh, I absolutely would - if only because that would be the last possible thing anybody would reasonably expect. Of course, the reason it'd be the last possible thing anybody would reasonably expect is that simply telling everyone I'm busy and staying noncommittal and out of sight would be so much safer and just as effective, making the latter otherwise an objectively better choice.So nobody would ever see the former coming, right? Well, wrong, actually, and you'll end up feeling really stupid when they do - but they know you know that, so it's the wine in front of yourself after all, isn't it? Etc. You get the idea.

More importantly, there are way more possible mechanisms of not getting killed than simply having a large health pool. I'm telling you this because it's something that, while you should've considered on your own, any Overwatch player up in here would just know to be a factor. Most particularly if they have any non-traditional Mafia mechanics among their character abilities.
I mean, what’s the claim here? You can solo the entire enemy team with everybody’s help? Could you say that with a straight face again please?
Also, goddamn, stop pushing me for more info.

Look, from your perspective: if I'm lying, then I'll have absolutely no trouble making more shit up. Seriously. I once got the Town to accept that I was a side character with brief appearances in one episode for Firefly mafia, who had three Cop charges which each had a two-thirds chance of getting the right result. Also, the first person to try to kill me would die instead. It was total bullshit, but it fit a very specific set of evidence very perfectly. If you're not scum trying to figure out how to handle it, then what the hell are you actually trying to accomplish by trying to get me to tell you more?
EDIT (it’s fucked up how much I’m editing this game, I know): Easy you’ve been so fucking sarcastic this game I can’t even tell if you were saying exactly what you said or the exact opposite. FoS your shit.
I've actually toyed with the idea of going back and compiling quotes to clarify, since I saw this. Fuck if I was gonna spend the amount of time it'd take for me to do that on a phone, though - not that I've had it to spend since then.
Sorry for the double post but without any role claiming or quoting PMs, does anybody but Easy have a win condition in their role PM?
To clarify: I didn't have a win condition in my role PM, and so I assumed all the other Townies didn't and that the reason was because our win condition was implicit in the OP.

I do now, and it does change things a little bit - but the lack of any specific mention of Talon still stands. Most significant change is that I no longer find it quite as unlikely there's an SK, though.
Jesus, I'm sorry everybody. Friday was hectic for me, family stuff happened, nothing serious, don't worry. Just time consuming. Then today or at least what was Saturday, I honestly forgot to check the forum at all. It's kinda why I didn't join mafia last game, I have a tendency to dip out on the forum without thinking about it.
Honestly, still showed up pretty early for our typical Day 1 acceleration rate. Not your fault we picked this particular time period to go full dive comp.
I think it's safe to call Easy's Lightning Rod Strat a failure, 'cause so far we have seven pages of fuck all. Maybe tomorrow we'll get some new info that will shed some light on the discussion of today, but right now we've go next to nothing
...so you don't have any scum reads apart from myself, I take it?

Last edited:

Anatronman

Just rereading the Rick and Morty Mafia to keep myself awake. I have an early class and this game has taken a lot more than its given.

EDIT: Yo Easy did you just try to confirm us both?
Scum are Talon, which was clear from the OP and only the OP as far as a Townie was concerned.

Any guesses as to how I already knew that last part yesterday?

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I was more concerned with the idea that he thought the most probable explanation for strolling out into enemy territory with my dick swinging out and both middle fingers up was that I was very powerful and completely defenseless. Not that I'm above double-bluffing like that, don't get me wrong, and in fact I could absolutely be doing something like that right now. It just hurts my feelings a little that he went so far as to say that was the most, or even only viable explanation. =(
It appears to have gone almost entirely awry as far as getting players to trust you, and also probably made you a more attractive target to scum - a risk that I'm sure you would have been aware of going in. Unless you just didn't care, since it wasn't present. From the perspective of a self-interested town player, strongly implying that you're one of the most important roles in the game is a janky move at best.

Hey now, I don't have to take that kind of talk from somebody who's so into himself, he had a fantasy about being so feared and dreaded for his scumhunting prowess that even I executed him right off the bat as scum player in Day Kill Mafia, and then started living in it. I executed Lotus right off the bat in Day Kill Mafia - my scum buddy, remember? Even in that game, where I was willing to start off by outright sacrificing a teammate just for shits and giggles, you weren't worth the bad PR from singlehandedly being responsible for killing a Townie. But you were worth nightkilling right after that, admittedly, because at least you weren't gullible enough to believe that I actually just so happened to fire off randomly and hit scum for no particular reason.
Oh, sorry - I was the second uncounterable kill you made as scum, my mistake. I tuned outta that game after it was made even more obvious that you were scum and I became completely unable to do anything about it.

Hm. Alright. See, I didn't ask that obnoxious ass question to smugly posture at my superiority. I was actually wondering if you were still so fixated over a one-sentence throwaway line - made as part of a bit which I've explicitly acknowledged was just a way of stirring up shit with almost no prior information or context to work with - because you were so self-absorbed as to not see how anything directed at you could possibly lack greater meaning beyond the obvious implications, or because you were feeling paranoid about the possibility of getting randomly gypped out of an otherwise perfectly clean deception.

The right answer was the obvious one: when trying to turn up the heat in a game of Mafia, look to Tirin, for he has absolutely no chill at all. So I did. But I wanted to see if you had any kind of convoluted, multi-layer theory that might explain why you felt so threatened by such an obviously toothless gesture... turns out you just got super traumatized by the fact that somebody actually pointed at you. Weird.

Suspiciously weird.
So which is it? I'm playing super suspiciously because I've gotten "traumatized", by which you mean "I resent the implication that I should be everybody's focus in any given phase, and don't see it as productive toward the town", or I've been a credit to it for getting Firedemon to post and stirring up activity at the risk of negative attention towards me? I don't give a shit if somebody cops me, I expect that kinda garbage anyway - and, in this case, I look forward to the needless vindication. You haven't been reacting particularly well to accusations levelled towards you and your thus-far-ineffective playstyle, though, just implying that people are stupid for making those conclusions or outright ignoring them.

I said no such thing, on either count.
What pains me even more is to admit that there's been a lot of stuff that's happened since you first looked into this thread, and none of them seem to have motivated you so much as having your name come up on the suspect list that he threw out. That's results, that is.
Of course, you instead implied it without outright stating it for... what reason, exactly? Plausible deniability? 'cause that's reading as a condemnation of Firedemon showing up whether you like it or not, and since then he's made a few reasonable posts.

Of note is the poor logic of "scum obviously loves to stick in the shadows, so if you stick in the shadows you's probably scum" - but, as shown last game, that's not necessarily true at all. I played to center stage (and, for that matter, TC and Andy were both very active as well) and we ran away with the game, and I'm more than confident that a skilled enough player could do so here.

Even ignoring that half the argument for lynching Andy is that you think we're scumbuddies - an argument which holds no merit whatsoever because I'm Town to begin with - most of the other half was that he overreacted to some prodding, by which logic I should be favoring a lynch on you most of all.
I struckthrough that middle bit because that's an outright non-argument. "Andy and I aren't scumbuddies (and thus he's not scum), because I'm town"? Myself and every other player has no way of knowing that - and, frankly, I'm not trying to convince you at this stage, because you've made it your mission to have the game go your way and I'm not about that. Cool that you misintepreted my reasoning and tried to point right back at me in this post, though. By the way, I think that Andy's scum more because of his quote below, and the validity of my response, coupled with his reaction to it, or lack thereof:

I don't wanna look like a counter lyncher but this rubs me the wrong way. Piling on a second lynch for a jokey reason feels un-Tirin like. That being said you were quick to move to Easy.
As much as I want to kill Easy for bantz i'm gonna go with my gut that Tirin is scum.
Unlynch Anatron,
Lynch Tirin
The fact that you're taking what was clearly a joke lynch as a big deal because it was the second lynch on a person, and then see absolutely no problem with jumping aboard an unfounded lynch on me 'cause Easy's waving his dick around, reeks of hypocrisy and scumminess.
That point, right there, was screened by Andy under the "too aggressive" blanket, and when in a later post I explained that I still think Andy is scummy for that reason, he proceeded to quote the first seven words of that post and entirely ignore the rest. You largely ignored that post, too - along with Anatron's point that Andy's "talking instead of analyzing" is something that he's doing now and has a history of doing as scum. Personally, I think that reflects poorly on both of you, and I'm more inclined to say it's because you're scum instead of being really, really bad town players.

When we start this Night phase, I gotta know if somebody's with me (optimal) or not (acceptable); anything in-between is worse than either.
I'm not going to say "Easy, I'm with you". That'd be stupid information to reveal to scum whether it's a yes or a no, and at present I have no damning reason to be against you, while you haven't given me anything good enough to say - or to even think - you're cleared as a townie. For all your talk about me being self-absorbed, you're looking around this game and begging to have your dick sucked.

Colonel Thunder

You guys suck, there's so much going on and your posts are huge!

Here's part 1 of sparknotes.

-Why is Easy doing that?

-Why is Andy doing THAT?

-Okay maybe Easy is soft-claiming something important. Weird to do that at beginning of Day 1.

-Why on earth is Anatron doing that!?

-Okay, Andy was joke lynching.

-Anatron unlynches, gives some guesses as to Easy's softclaim

-Coolpool thinks that Easy is softclaiming.

-Anatron guesses at mechanics based off theme, lynches Andy for flavor and playstyle. This exchange is weird.

-Coolpool halfheartedly puts a FoS at Andy.

-Tirin lynches Andy for flavor and playstyle.

-TC makes a joke about racial profiling, joke lynches a non-player.

-FD joke lynches TC.

-Coolpool asks that people be less biased.

-Dunsparce joke lynches Coolpool.

-Easy acts vague about his softclaim and advises the town to suck his dick and make him dinner. Easy lowkey taunts Tirin about a past game, also lynches Tirin presumably for his lynch of Andy but without stating it explicitly.

-Tirin insults Easy for his post and lynch, unlynches Andy, lynches Easy. This entire exchange between the two of them reeks of scum co-op to me.

-Anatron makes a post saying his Sombra theory is ruined but I don't really understand what he means.

-TC says he's curious what Easy has going on, does not plan on lynching him right now.

-Easy insults Tirin, vaguely defends the communal dick sucking he ordained.

-Coolpool expresses distaste at Dunsparce's joke lynch, but says he won't retaliate. Coolpool suggests that Junkrat and Roadhog may not be Anti-town.

-Easy makes a joke post following coolpool's, involving the Overwatch lore around those two characters.

-TC makes a joke post after Easy's, insulting American culture.

-Anatron furthers TC's joke post.

-Tirin further's Anatron's joke post. Tirin proclaims he's targeting Easy, defends himself from Easy's suggestions that Tirin can play Rein and no one else.

-Anatron says he's getting a scum vibe from Easy. (I am presently getting scum vibes from both of them.)

-Andy expresses scum vibe over Tirin seconding Anatron's lynch over flavor/playstyle. Also criticizes Easy's "bantz". (I don't know what this means.) Andy unlynches Anatron, lynches Tirin.

-Easy joke posts, saying that Anatron's suspicion of him indicates that Easy is 100% pure town

-Tirin says hes getting scum vibe from Easy, says that Easy and Andy are scum team trying to kill a known good player (Tirin himself) for little reasoning.

-Andy defends his vote, saying that Tirin once lynched someone over a math error and that more discussion should happen.

-Anatron makes joke post while suggesting more people speak up.

-Tirin responds to Andy's post and openly insults Andy's past mistakes as well as Andy's strategy as town or scum. He insults Easy's plays as well, but to a lesser degree. Tirin suggests they are both scum or terrible players.

-Tirin posts again, saying he wants the inactives to speak, especially Req and FD.

-Dunsparce jokingly insults himself and Easy's playstyle, suggests and discards an "Easy's a jester" theory, unlynches Coolpool, hesitantly lynches Easy.

-Coolpool is very confused by Easy's behavior and concedes that he will probably vote for him in the end. (I feel the same at this point.)

-Tirin suggests that Easy and Andy are both junkrat/roadhog, and that's why Andy is pissed.

-Andy suggests Tirin is upset at being seen as less aggressive. Andy suggests curiosity as to Easy's role, but wouldn't mind Tirin dying Day 1 on account of his asshole behavior. (This has happened before, right? There was a game a long time ago where Tirin was mean to Andy and Andy got defensive about it, right? I swear this has happened before. My heart goes out to Andy for wanting more sportsmanlike conduct in a game with friends, but I must agree he's incriminating himself by suggesting personal reasons for a lynch.)

-Easy unlynches Tirin. Easy says that his whole grand plan was to provoke intense discussion and thereby find out who the scum in by seeing who coasts through the crazy shit happening without contributing much. However, Easy says this plan was ruined by direct attempts to spur the inactive players within the first 24 hours of play. (This reeks of bullshit to me.)

-Anatron says Easy pulled a similar play before, but this time was much sloppier, and doesn't think his story gives him pro-town credit. Anatron praises Tirin's consistency of play, and puts a FoS at Dunsparce and Coolpool for unreasoned arguments.

-Tirin insults Andy for suggesting a lynch based off personal reasons, expresses distaste at Easy's play but admits it has some precedence. Easy's full story moves Tirin to unlynch Easy, lynch Andy

-Andy agrees with Anatron that Easy's play was sloppy and suspicious, and he states he doesn't remember Easy pulling such a play before. (Me too honestly.)

-Easy claims that his "see who sleeps through batshit Day 1" strategy wasn't the plan from the beginning. His posts were to encourage discussion as opposed to "the usual saps" falling victim to a day 1 joke lynch. However, discussion spiraled out of control and thus Easy further committed for the sake of the meta hunt. (This makes his story more believable, but I have my doubts this is the truth.)

-Easy doubleposts to claim he never soft-claimed role power, only importance. (I'm getting a scummy vibe from this doublepost, too. Easy is overlooking a lot.)

-Anatron criticizes Easy's recent defense, shows some quotes to refute it, and reminds players that Easy asked the town to blow their resources sucking him off. (I'm with Anatron on this one.)

-Andy admits that Easy was likely exaggerating in his town blowjob requests, he underlines that Easy asked the Vig not to kill anyone, which is bad.

-FD criticizes Tirin's accusation of himself for inactivity, since FD has posts four hours prior. FD asks town if Tirin seems to be playing more aggressively than normal, and make an Overwatch joke while doing so.

-Anatron says this is normal levels of Tirin aggro, and wonders why Andy "liked" Easy's post an hour before casting suspicion on him.

-Tirin insults FD and his rebuttal, since FD didn't contribute much in his sole post. (This is a suspicious amount of aggro I feel. I think Tirin might be doubling down his aggro to further the idea that this is his normal aggro level.)

-Andy agrees with FD's post that Tirin is being super aggro, and says he might be done playing mafia if Tirin doesn't quit it. (I feel ya here.)

-FD defends his earlier joke lynch, saying that they were still in meme phase of Day 1 (I agree with this). FD criticizes Tirin for not defending his menstrual rage, and criticizes/insults Tirin for reacting so aggressively to his post.

-Andy admits his "liking" Easy's post then casting suspicion on him looks funny, and that he liked the post due to Easy's clarification of role madness making everyone "important". Andy still doesn't like Easy's "Vig don't kill no one" line, but doesn't apply further pressure.

-Anatron says that Tirin is doing great scumhunting, isn't being more aggro than usual, and no one else is scumhunting like Tirin is. (Anatron stripping for Tirin here makes me suspicious. I disagree with the aggro level, not sure where I'm at as to scumhutning.)

-FD says Tirin's dickishness i normal, but his aggro is not. He also casts doubt on Easy's play, but admits it has some precedence.

-Coolpool says that he thought Easy might've been trying to bait someone out. He also feels like Tirin is just being proactive.

-Andy quotes a bunch of Tirin posts highlighting where Tirin's language itself was rude AF.

-FD states that Tirin has been much more aggro than he has been helpful.

-Anatron quotes a bunch of Andy posts showing Andy's poor strats, and that Andy was cherry-picking his Tirin quotes earlier. Anatron doesn't believe that Andy's Easy lynch was a joke lynch. (This seems legit.)

- Andy says he was pointing out Tirin's rude language, not his game contributions. He doesn't offer insight as to hi gut feeling that Tirin's guilty. (Okay, I agree with this explanation except for the gut feeling.)

-Anatron pokes further holes in Andy's defense.

-Andy agrees he should have re-read stuff better and omits some points.

Colonel Thunder

Okay, I am not going to try to condense the game anymore. Doing that alone took up most of my time.

I'll read the rest of the thread tonight and post some thoughts, but don't expect anything grand. Hopping into the conversation this late is pretty overwhelming.

Anatronman

I will admit that all of my posts are siding with Tirin. I also believe that the thread fully defends itself, other than my last few posts, which suffer from a good deal of tunnel vision and don't take more recent posts into account. I'll offer a legitimately weakened state of mind as a defense for those, not that they're particularly scummy, just dumb.

Easy, if you ever finish editing that post, I'll give you your answer.

AndyM03

That point, right there, was screened by Andy under the "too aggressive" blanket, and when in a later post I explained that I still think Andy is scummy for that reason, he proceeded to quote the first seven words of that post and entirely ignore the rest. You largely ignored that post, too - along with Anatron's point that Andy's "talking instead of analyzing" is something that he's doing now and has a history of doing as scum. Personally, I think that reflects poorly on both of you, and I'm more inclined to say it's because you're scum instead of being really, really bad town players.
Are you serious? You responded to my joke with this

At least I've got enough experience to know and play to my victory condition, and I almost always achieve it. You've fucked up the first before - and if you're town, you're fucking it up right now, gut feeling or no.

The fact that you're taking what was clearly a joke lynch as a big deal because it was the second lynch on a person, and then see absolutely no problem with jumping aboard an unfounded lynch on me 'cause Easy's waving his dick around, reeks of hypocrisy and scumminess.

My lynch on Easy was more founded on "fuck you for lynching me, you haven't done shit and are either town who doesn't know shit or scum who does", and his suggestion of focusing me is borderline retarded as a townie, who would almost certainly start the game with no information. You're both scum and/or playing like total ass, even by the minimal standards of day 1.
This is when my rant started, not before. I made a cheeky light hearted joke, which apparently Req thinks is on the same level as the above.

-Andy suggests Tirin is upset at being seen as less aggressive. Andy suggests curiosity as to Easy's role, but wouldn't mind Tirin dying Day 1 on account of his asshole behavior. (This has happened before, right? There was a game a long time ago where Tirin was mean to Andy and Andy got defensive about it, right? I swear this has happened before. My heart goes out to Andy for wanting more sportsmanlike conduct in a game with friends, but I must agree he's incriminating himself by suggesting personal reasons for a lynch.)
It absolutely has and that's what makes it sadder/ more aggravating for me. The game would be better if I copped it and moved on but I really feel I shouldn't have to.

I think I totally agree with TC. Tirin and Easy's posts against eachother have been nothing short of weird. It seems they're both building enough cred so that if either one of them dies, preferably by one killing the other, the survivor is "confirmed town" for the rest of the game. To extend an olive branch to the players that have put up with my ranting, (though I would have preferred a bit more understanding but whatever),
Unlynch Tirin,
Lynch Easy.

Even if the above theory is true I guess I would say Easy's been 'weirder' then Tirin. And at least that clears emotional bias from the table, for now.

Anatronman

As much as I love the Sparknotes, TC is actually way more likely to be scum than either of them at this point. Meta posts are a flag, but I can't put a vote to it in good conscience because what else is the poor guy supposed to do?

As far as "cred" goes, it isn't worth anything in comparison to Easy's newest and shiniest soft claim, and one of them dying wouldn't do a thing to confirm the other (you don't even mention what you mean by "killing" the other. A public lynch? And if they flipped Town?).

Colonel Thunder

Just finished reading the thread.

I...I'm lying if I said I'm effectively following all of this. I don't have the PeeHD in mafia that Tirin and Easy have, and I don't have the time or stamina to follow this like Anatron has.

Um, here's my top suspicious list? And some brief thoughts not built on poring over details?

1 - Easy
2 - Tirin
3 - Andy
4 - Req
5 - Coolpool
6 - Dunsparce
7 - FD
8 - Anatron

1-2: Easy's and Tirin's banter reeks of BS to me. I don't have specifics here but after watching these guys go at in threads, mafia, and vidya for near a decade - something stands out to me as phony, especially with their insults to each other. Easy's lightning rod (nice term Req) and Tirin's aggro fluctuations also strike me as incredibly off-putting.

3: I don't think Andy's been scummy the whole Day, I think he's just been...bad. Dude gets +10 bonus points for trying to keep up with mafia addicts Tirin Easy and Anatron, but he didn't do so without some moves that could be seen as scummy. I hesitantly make him my number 3.

4: I don't have a good read on Req but I believe that he's not deliberately inactive.

5: Coolpool has been trying his best just to follow the game and I think we've exhausted his mafia mental resources. I don't blame him for not participating more thoroughly, and I'm happy with what he's said as a newbie player.

6: Dunsparce's thoughts have been sparce but read as pro-town to me.

7: FD seems legit to me. Also, good joke and bold move suggesting Tirin is a Rein who doesn't know when to charge.

8: Like Easy already said, Anatron is either town or giving an Oscar-worthy performance of his post mis-reads and frequent editing. The only question I have is why does he care so much about this game, posting like he has when he has? His role must be fun or important.

EDIT: typo

EDIT: Added Coolpool praise.

Anatronman

You’re right. I did mention that you made me blush with my Poop role, so I was planning on putting extra effort into this srs game.

I also asked for Mercy on me. I’m expecting to be necessary in the coming Nights, as I do have what every Overwatch player will admit is a busted character.

If Tirin and Easy aren’t scum, they really need you and Req more than they let on.

At this point, I’m exhausted and am assuming that Easy fell asleep at the keyboard. I’ll post a new Lynch in the morning if something better than Andy presents itself.

AndyM03

To continue replying to this, you are again ignoring the meta argument. When i'm telling you to play more politely, yes, i'm just going to quote your language because i'm not trying to make a point about your actual play. I'm not trying to suggest you're not contributing, i'm saying your contributions were packaged with poison, so I highlighted the poison.

Also my "talking instead of analyzing" is something I do, uh, always. I post more often then most people in almost any mafia game, regardless of my alignment. If anything I'm a little more cautious when i'm scum. Making up statistics on the spot doesn't make me trust you at all.

As much as I love the Sparknotes, TC is actually way more likely to be scum than either of them at this point. Meta posts are a flag, but I can't put a vote to it in good conscience because what else is the poor guy supposed to do?

As far as "cred" goes, it isn't worth anything in comparison to Easy's newest and shiniest soft claim, and one of them dying wouldn't do a thing to confirm the other (you don't even mention what you mean by "killing" the other. A public lynch? And if they flipped Town?).
Yeah I meant a public lynch. If one of them flipped town then I'd say it puts the theory more or less in the shitter.

Top Bottom