Ended Jeroth's Rick & Morty Mafia [TOWN WINS!]

Steal Thy Kill

Look at me trying to find a legitimate reason to lynch people while everybody else just shit posts.

Easy seems pretty shifty to me, but as you guys said, he's probably just dicking around/trying to start conversation.

TC's reasoning against Firedemon is really weak.
It's just a "gut feeling" to him. Like I'm supposed to believe that. It's almost like he knows something we don't.

Unlynch Easy
Lynch TC
Well here's your learning experience. The bolded part is good. TC's basis for his lynch is pretty weak. The underlined is not. Having a gut feeling is generally okay, that's not suspicious in and of itself. You don't have to act on their feeling. Generally they should try to point to things that seem uneasy to them if they can, and it's preferable to be more specific. If they act too hard on it then it's suspicious (unless that's really IC for them like with Tirin... or if we're just kinda desperate for somebody to lynch). And in this case, it's pretty clear that there's nothing that TC could've reasonably developed a bad gut feeling on before he called it out. And it has to be pretty weak; far too weak for him to move to lynch already. The whole thing is just generally not right, hence why it's okay to call bullshit on this specific gut feeling because it's overall suspect. The mistake you made is that it looks like you're discarding all gut feelings as suspicious behavior and illegitimate, which isn't really how this works.

Requiem

Can actually confirm, in a serious way, that gut feelings are your bread and butter in Mafia. Having a gut feeling this early about someone is tricksy. Calling them on it and saying that it isn't right is okay. It's a gut feeling in it's own way, but it's based on stuff you can point directly to and say, "Yeah, that was tricksy."

That all said, I'm okay with this line of thinking. I'll lynch TC later tonight or after he posts.

Which is why you went full meme shitpost last game. You knew nothing you did would actually have saved you if anyone wanted you dead, so you had fun with it.
Pretty much. Tirin FoSing me for the 14 not 15 thing was reasonable, I could have done something about that, but then TC actually lynch voted me for it. The big post I wrote that TC ignored was me pretty much pointing out that whatever I did, since it was day 1, a specific set of events were gonna go down no matter what. There's nothing you can do once the Town decides to lynch you, though I guess it's possible TC could have been lynched instead if I hadn't given up so quickly. Oh well. It was best to just shit it up and have fun for me. Day 1 that game was a "me day."

Hence my actions Day 2 seeming like a good idea at the time.
I mean, I guess?

Dunsparce

Things I've learned:
-Day one lynches are pretty much arbitrary, so don't say anything to turn people against you.
-When you play this game long enough, your subconscious will start telling you things you wouldn't pick up on otherwise. So a "gut feeling" is normal and okay.

Requiem

Basically. You can kinda just see when someone is being out of the ordinary.

Though keep in mind, sometimes people do things out of the ordinary because they want to, and not always because they're mafia. It's a fine process this scumhunting.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Can't really explain my mistrust of FD so far. It's nothing more than a gut conviction. His first three or four posts seemed like they were trying to be funnyman along with everyone else, only like, he was really trying to be funnyman. I'm hoping it's because the two of us have been going at each other long enough (nearly a decade now) that I'm able to notice the nuances in his post and humor. To me, FD's joke posts seemed...inauthentic, I guess? They don't quite seem like what he would instinctively post.

That, and in the middle of the joke posts he kinda changed tone to correct others on why their joke lynches of him were based on inaccurate data.

It's not a ton to go on, just me feeling that FD's acting a little strange. I figured I'd share my thoughts on that since it might be an opportunity to get some posts of substance in Day 1.

And hey, it's working!

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I think the "gut feeling" thing is prettymuch bullshit a lot of the time; I'd prefer at least some basis that you can point out in people's posts as a reason to lynch them, instead of "it feels legit". Especially since the fact that it was just a gut feeling makes it easy as fuck for mafia members to hide behind when their lynch almost-inevitably comes up town.

I'm keeping my lynch on Easy because of his shenans, but I'll also FoS TC. Giving people the opportunity to justify their shit-tier day 1 lynches with "I was just fucking around" or "it was a gut feeling" is lazy as fuck and leads to poor play on the part of the town, not to mention is an easy defense for any mafio to fall back on. I think they at least need to be looked into, or we as a group of townies are saying "fuck it, you guys can play like really bad townies, despite allegedly being great players, and we'll never question it", which would no doubt lose us the game (or at least put us in a pretty bad spot for most of it).

Requiem

Giving people the opportunity to justify their shit-tier day 1 lynches with "I was just fucking around" or "it was a gut feeling" is lazy as fuck
Generally they should try to point to things that seem uneasy to them if they can, and it's preferable to be more specific.
Like Stealthy said, of course you should have evidence for your gut feelings. That's just obvious. Sometimes gut feelings are baseless, this is true, but you can generally point to things that make you uneasy so that it's not a pure "I just wanna lynch you because I think it's a good idea" thing.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah... tossing out baseless lynches when there's nothing to base lynches on isn't a Day 1 throw. Overreacting to somebody doing that is a Day 1 throw.

Lotus

I think the "gut feeling" thing is prettymuch bullshit a lot of the time; I'd prefer at least some basis that you can point out in people's posts as a reason to lynch them, instead of "it feels legit". Especially since the fact that it was just a gut feeling makes it easy as fuck for mafia members to hide behind when their lynch almost-inevitably comes up town.

I'm keeping my lynch on Easy because of his shenans, but I'll also FoS TC. Giving people the opportunity to justify their shit-tier day 1 lynches with "I was just fucking around" or "it was a gut feeling" is lazy as fuck and leads to poor play on the part of the town, not to mention is an easy defense for any mafio to fall back on. I think they at least need to be looked into, or we as a group of townies are saying "fuck it, you guys can play like really bad townies, despite allegedly being great players, and we'll never question it", which would no doubt lose us the game (or at least put us in a pretty bad spot for most of it).
That annoyed the crap out of me in the One Punch Mafia, though it wasn't until after roles were flipped that you couldn't explain yourself.

I'd never follow up on such a shitty 'gut instinct' unless I felt the same way.

With that said, I'll free up my lynch by Unlynching Whitetiger.

As far as the TC vs FD lynch goes, I don't feel strongly for either lynch. The idea that Easy could be hiding behind 'following the joke' as a scapegoat to cover his levels of scum sounds solid to me, or at least worth considering, so I'll also FoS Easy.

I don't remember who said it, but I suddenly remember someone stepping up to defend Easys play. My brain is telling me TC did, which lines him up as next potential scum on the trail if Easy pops Mafia.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Total Lynch Votes

TC - 4 (Firedemon, Easy, Dunsparce, Req)
Firedemon - 3 (Shizno, Andy, TC)
Easy - 1 (Tirin)
Dunsparce - 1 (Rondait)
Lotus - 1 (Tim)

8 to Hammer

Deadline: Around 27 Earth Hours. Extension is available if significant discussion is made.

P.S. : There is a role that could revive. There will be no dead chat.

AndyM03

I can't say I disagree with TC's disposition towards FD, re reading FD's posts. That being said TC's initial argument was weak and just seemed out of place. His later posts have given him back some ground and I don't know how I feel about changing my lynch. I guess in the end I'm happy to lynch TC if it comes to it, i've got no arguments for him to say the least.

TimTh33nchant3r

But, like the Jester role, we tend to consider executioner too often and too seriously; seeing as the roles are almost never used.
I could swear I remember a time on Urealms where Jester was used in almost every game.

Honestly yes, it's good experience to know how to go about talking yourself out of these situations, but it's generally better to learn how to not be in them like Easy said. More importantly however, you basically can't reliably talk yourself out of being day 1 lynched if you have a few votes on you. It always comes down to either "Fuck it, someone has to die and it might as well be the guy who already has a lot of votes" or someone else doing something bafflingly stupid.
*Cough*Cough*Youma*Cough*

Firedemon

I kinda feel bad about you guys day 1 lynching TC. Again.

Seriously, like half the time I start that joke bandwagon it actually works.

Let's just all kill Dunsparce instead, it's way more cathartic.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Hey, last game it was actually Day 2.

That said, I'll throw down for either him, FD, or Tirin. That's about it.

Top Bottom