Ended Pally and Ro3's Maquerade Mafia - Night 4

Pally

Lynch Count

Youma 5
Rondait 2
Lotus 1

8 to lynch. Gonna set a soft deadline of 2AM Est for the end of day. Also, shit I really should edit my posts more. Fucking typos everywhere, seriously painful to read.

Youmer

Sorry for the confusing posts; I'll try to be more clear from now on. Let's start.

Split on whether to cut Youma an inexperienced break or not. Forget how many games he played way back when.
Like twice, maybe. I don't really remember.

So you argued that you don't/didn't think it's a good idea, but then you later argue that you were giving 'advice,' which implies you thought it was a good idea. Seems like a contradiction, no? And even if that were an honest mistake, it's going to be pretty fucking hard to get accurate reads on you later in the game if you play like that. Not going to lynch yet, since I'd like another page or so of discussion before jumping into the night phase, but FoS Youma, and I'll probably lynch later tonight, or maybe tomorrow morning if I'm too drunk this evening.
The only argument here is your arguing semantics. If you really want me to clarify then what I should have said is that, from my limited understanding, the theoretical, fastest way to get the most information day one would be for everyone to mass role claim and try to sort out a strategy from there. Of course, as Lotus and a few others have pointed out, this isn't very fun and it's generally an extra dumb idea. I wasn't contradicting myself, I just made a poor choice of words (No surprise there, huh Riyant?). As to the reads thing, you're probably stuck with that since this is like my second, maybe third game of mafia ever and I'm still getting used to it.

Even worse, he defended it after Pally's rule clarification post. "We can bullshit our roles all we want guys, let's do it". Pretty good plan.
I wasn't trying to defend anything, just trying to explaining what I meant (See above). Like I said I'll try to be more clear in the future instead of making dumb non-posts in a poor attempt to make conversation.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
That terrible choice of words and its poor followup explanations is enough to convince me that you don't deserve a future.

In the context of this game, I mean.

Salsy

Not gonna lie. There's functionally nothing wrong with roleclaiming (especially mass) considering the town operates under considerably less information than scum from the get go and bridging that gap is frankly a good thing. To me, most of these lynches just seem like more "Youma is anti-fun" than "Youma is suspicious." The only person who made any decent case on that was Polly in his post immediately after about culting strong roles. But everyone else has just been mucking around. Especially Rondait and Firedemon. Who haven't said anything worthwhile whatsoever.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Not gonna lie. There's functionally nothing wrong with roleclaiming (especially mass) considering the town operates under considerably less information than scum from the get go and bridging that gap is frankly a good thing.
The problem there is that roleclaiming like fuck won't actually help with bridging that gap until like day 3 or 4, when all the bullshit gets sorted out, and will also give any cult (and the mafia) a list of priority targets - information that they really, really shouldn't get if we want to remain un-fucked.

Firedemon

Salsy, if you think role claiming (without serious information worth sharing) is good for the town, history says otherwise. Tag role claimed last game and we (the mafia) knew exactly who to roleblock/redirect when it mattered because of it. Ro and Tolvan roleclaimed the game before that and lost as a direct result. And need I bring up again the game where three cops counterclaimed each other and all died. Bad roleclaims hurt the town. And if you're going to hit me on activity, like I said last game, I'm pretty busy these days. I explained my policy lynch, chimed in on game theory, then went back to being busy.

But, since Salsy is now actually defending the suggestion rather than just Youma saying he wasn't serious, I have no choice but to unlynch and policy lynch Salsy for the sake of consistency.

Whitetiger

I agree with Salsy, though I don't think the mechanical advantage of a mass roleclaim outweighs the disadvantage of it being tryhardy and anti-fun. I think Youma's a poor lynch here and so far the attention has been on two inexperienced players which almost never gives an accurate or informative day 1 lynch.
  • I'm going to give Tirin a day 1 pass because he dies early every game and looks like his just policy lynching (though that's shitty here).
  • Salsy is speaking truth, but while I haven't played with him in a while, I sort of remember him townsiding as scum quite often so I'm undecided on him.
  • Firedemon outright said he was policy lynching, which again is dumb to do against inexperienced players (and sort of just in general). Lynching people who you think are bad players is not towny behavior. As mafia it's a great fucking excuse when you really just want to lynch town and not get flamed for it after they flip town. Just tell people it's bad, don't lynch them for it.
  • Rondait is suspicious for the same reasons as firedemon (though he doesn't say he's policy lynching)
  • I have a gut scum read on Riyant based on his post against redfrank. I'm not going to pursue it too hard but it's worth me writing down here.
Those are all the people I'm even slightly suspicious of so far. I won't go into town reads because like I said earlier, they probably don't matter if the Illuminati has the means to convert people (even if the mod said they aren't the exact same as a cult, they can probably still convert at least once or twice). I'd rather just not note any towny shit people are doing and just scumhunt this game as I think it will bear more fruit than doing town reads + process of elimination.

Firedemon

• Firedemon outright said he was policy lynching, which again is dumb to do against inexperienced players (and sort of just in general). Lynching people who you think are bad players is not towny behavior. As mafia it's a great fucking excuse when you really just want to lynch town and not get flamed for it after they flip town. Just tell people it's bad, don't lynch them for it.
Neither of them are inexperienced. Rusty, maybe. But inexperienced? No. Policy lynches exist because the thought has been repeatedly proven to be wrong and bad and we are assuming the only reason you'd bring it up AGAIN is because you're anti-town or new. New people get passes on policy lynches, Salsy and Youma aren't new. And if I'm suspicious for policy lynching, EVERYONE on that list of lynch votes is suspicious because they're all policy lynching, whether they use that term or not.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I agree with Salsy, though I don't think the mechanical advantage of a mass roleclaim outweighs the disadvantage of it being tryhardy and anti-fun. I think Youma's a poor lynch here and so far the attention has been on two inexperienced players which almost never gives an accurate or informative day 1 lynch.
I disagree with there being a mechanical advantage to mass roleclaiming at all. Further, I think that suggesting it is:

A) A scummy move in itself, owing to the disadvantage for town I see in doing so;
B) A very good way to cover up being scum by playing at being inexperienced.

Because of this, I'm holding my lynch on Youma for now. I think he's fuckin' scum.

• Salsy is speaking truth, but while I haven't played with him in a while, I sort of remember him townsiding as scum quite often so I'm undecided on him.
I think that what Salsy said is actually prettymuch bullshit, since he's defending a stupid and (in my opinion) scummy suggestion from Youma, and has contributed nothing else himself beyond claiming that Firedemon isn't contributing - if Youma flips scum, I'm glad to have a good idea of who to lynch next.

• Rondait is suspicious for the same reasons as firedemon (though he doesn't say he's policy lynching)
A fair point, I suppose, but I think defending Youma's scummy idea when he's got a fire under him is pretty scummy in itself; Salsy's been trying really hard to deflect attention from him.
  • I have a gut scum read on Riyant based on his post against redfrank. I'm not going to pursue it too hard but it's worth me writing down here.
I think your gut read is pretty stupid to go on here, since plenty of people have voiced suspicion of Redfrank, Youma and myself among them. Making the jump that Riyant is scum for doing the same makes no fucking sense.

Salsy

Nothing to do with your "activity", FD. It's just a wall of numbers is not actually contributing, it's mystifying. And it was on a topic that was irrelevant by the time you got there. It's the concept of talking a lot and saying very little. Hence, meaningless. And stop using the word policy, it's giving me an aneurysm.

My lynch on Rondait stands though. If he wants to think for himself, I welcome it. But until he stops repeating other people ...
Salsy's been trying really hard to deflect attention from him.
I made one short post m8. At least have the decency to be honest.

AndyM03

Yeah, that was barely trying hard at all.

Though on my numbers post, that was in response to Andy who said he'd say something later, it wasn't intentionally irrelevant.
Yeah dude if you didn't post the numbers I would have. It's evidence for our meta of which we were teaching Red frank.

And whitetiger totally omitted me from his analysis and i must say that I'm cut.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I made one short post m8. At least have the decency to be honest.
One you haven't justified, aren't currently trying to, and I suspect will be unable to - and the contents of which were either excusing Youma or pinning blame on someone else for a shit reason. Looks pretty tryhard to me. You dickishly dismissing me instead of addressing anything I said makes you look even worse - shit, I want Youma to be scum just so I can lynch your rude ass on Day 2.

AndyM03

Salsy I'd try and play devil's advocate and help you out a bit but I think you threw too much of your weight behind Youma. For some reason I liked you bringing up Firedemon but all your points have been shot down with good reason, and you've come out looking like the scum in these interactions. Sorry dude. Like Tirin I think Salsy is a good day 2 lynch.
And hey I missed u xx

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Like Tirin I think Salsy is a good day 2 lynch.
I'm not convinced that Salsy is a good day 2 lynch; I think whether or not he's a good day 2 lynch is contingent on information we'll get by lynching Youma, though he has been acting a lil' scummy. I want him lynched for being rude, but in-game that's a shit reason and not worth lynching over, even if this is supposed to be a party.

AndyM03

Sorry sorry I meant that, though it wasn't inferred clearly enough. Of course tomorrow's lynch will hinge on Youma's alignment, and all other variables and interactions, but just here's hoping to scum is all.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Yeah, now the problem is convincing other people to look at the thread and goddamn lynch Youma.

Rondait

I haven't been hanging out in the back waiting for people to tell me what to think. I still think Youma is the best lynch right now, followed by Shizno. He jumped on lynching me for what I see as a non reason. You can say that I'm just sheeping all you want Salsy, but frankly that isn't the case.

Pally

Another clarification: Illuminati have perfect game information. I explained this to someone who PM'd me about it and realized it wasn't dropped in the OP. I promise this'll be less of a clusterfuck next time. ;)

Also another clarification: A soft deadline means that if good gameplay and conversation is occuring the deadline is extended for as long as the debate continues. When people stop talking I'll end. Lynch or no-lynch. So start wrapping up, nows the time to get your last minute FoS out of the way so you have time to talk about it.

Top Bottom