Pokemon GO

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Pokemon Go is prettymuch a shitty meme game with no depth beyond "walk around and do the stuff you walk into". The (very little) combat and training, in particular, are dumbed-down as fuck.

However, I couldn't help myself from watching a Pokemon Go Rap that showed up on Facebook on account of the Pokerap being baller as fuck, and I noticed something strangely familiar about the person who made it.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
It's skinner-boxy as hell but I still adore it.

Also its a great launching point from which to teach kids in my class.

Lastly, holy crap that Rob pokerap. That might be my favourite thing he's made since Top Gun 2 and Splash Attack

Firedemon

I'm pretty sure you were doing that before Pokemon GO
Really the only issue is the serious lack of apps, specifically the popular ones that basically everyone uses. I had basically zero interest in Snapchat and these other missing apps, so this actually wasn't at all an issue. Then Pokemon Go happened.

Oh, and the whole upgrading to Windows 10 borking my phone. That happened too.

Shadow

Banned
Downloaded Pokemon GO today. Tried to play while driving.

Worst idea ever 0/10 would not recommend.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Not a good AR game either. Ingress (by the same company) was better in a lot of ways.
Eh. Ingress wasn't as appealing to a bunch of people.

Pokemon Go is prettymuch a shitty meme game with no depth beyond "walk around and do the stuff you walk into". The (very little) combat and training, in particular, are dumbed-down as fuck.
Yeah. It'd be a slower game than it is if they had gym battles trying to act like the actual game. So far, I've enjoyed the hell out of it. I don't expect much (Except better servers - I missed out on a Snorlax today) and it's made for the world to be far more interesting. Walking down the street and having random people yell at you: "What team are you?" or "There's a (X) back there! Hurry before it despawns."

It's definitely a positive impact and made for some good memes. It'll definitely die out soon if they don't update it or stabilize the servers at the least.

13thforsworn

Pokemon Go was released in Canada today. Picked Charmander and found a Squirtle like 2 minutes later. I feel like I cheated the system somehow.

Think I'm gonna pick Team Mystic when I hit level 5.

13thforsworn

All the gyms around me are predominantly Team Mystic. Is it better to join a gym or pick a different team and take them over?

EDIT: Also, this is fucking hilarious.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I think I'm going to join team mystic or team valor, I like both Articuno and Moltres, but I think I like Articuno a bit more. I don't have my own phone, so I'm borrowing another family member's phone to play.

Top Bottom