Pokemon GO

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I just picked it up last night. The morning train ride was fun. Hit up some landmarks and got a Exeggcutor. Then walking to work, I picked up a Golbat.

The Hound

Just Monika
My anxiety forbids me from doing this is public, so I haven't really found much fun from it.

The Hound

Just Monika
Pretty much, it's not gotten better as I've gotten older. I'm going to ask my roommate if she'd like to join me, I just don't like wandering aimlessly around Chicago.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
So I got this and because I don't have a smart phone I got it on my tablet. Unfortunately I don't have a cellular plan, for my tablet therefore I am stuck with whatever wanders into my apartment.

AndyM03

This game is so bloody stupid lmao but it's so good. At 12:30 at night I saw a provisional driver (young person driver) parked at this dodgy factory place where 3 Pokestops are right next to eachother. I bloody know what they were doing.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Last night, I ended up going on a 2 kilometer walk. I ended up catching one pokemon, hit up 12 pokestops and went to two gyms.

Team Instinct is doing well in my town.

Firedemon

So, I have a Windows phone.

BUT, there's apparently an Android emulator floating around for Windows 10 Mobile

BUT, my phone is Windows 8.1

BUT, it turns out my phone is new enough that it can accept the Windows 10 upgrade

BUT, my phone's data plan is negligible at best

BUT, I can use wifi over most of my university's campus, which happens to be pretty absurdly huge

Edit: So while waiting on my phone to update, I learned that this Android emulator is the "Project Astoria" that Microsoft was working on for a while. They released an open beta version last year that everyone said worked great (apparently Windows phones typically have better specs and therefore don't suffer too bad when using an emulator?) but then Microsoft decided that developing an Android emulator is silly when they're also working on a developer tool to port from iOS to Windows 10 Mobile. Because obviously being totally compatible with Android is pointless when developers can just port from iOS. Like, ha, who wants to just have compatibility?

Meanwhile, my phone finished updating and now is acting weird as fuck with Windows 10 Mobile. God dammit.

Can't seem to unbork my phone. All I did was update to Windows 10. I hate everything right now. TC must have been a developer on Windows 10 Mobile.

Last edited:

Zircom

[7:07:52 PM] Not Zircom: pokemon go is the shit
[7:08:36 PM] Not Zircom: there were a bunch of nerdy high schoolers walking down the sidewalk while iwas driving in my neighborhood and they were all on their phones and so I yelled "Gotta Catch em all" out my window when I Drove past because I assumed and really hope they were playing it
[7:08:59 PM] Not Zircom: because otherwise I'm now just some weirdo that yells at children

just reposting this from skypelol

Top Bottom