Pokemon GO

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I have yet to see a rattata, it's mostly drowzees and crabbies in my area.
Pidgeys, Rattatas, Weedles and Caterpies. Those are the main ones.

Right now, my team is pretty good though:

Trainer Level: 20
Jolteon - CP 1018
Tauros - CP 1003
Venomoth - CP 918
Parasect - C P908
Golbat - CP 873
Vaporeon - CP 871

I've caught 66 and seen 67 - the one that I missed was a Golduck.

13thforsworn

Spent my lunch break catching Pokemon with some coworkers. Three idiots walking in circles around a park at 4:00 am trying to find the TWO FUCKING HAUNTERS that were nearby. Never revealed themselves, despite all three of us dropping incense. I'm actually so salty right now, because Haunter is my favourite Pokemon from the original 151.

Last edited:
D

Danny

Unregsistered User
Danny I think you might be the only person I know who's disapponted
It's probably because I was hoping for it to be good, but instead it was only mediocre. I was waiting for it for quite some time, because I've played every pokemon game, and I was super into ingress for a while there; so I'm disappointed it is so underwhelming, missing so many features, and not even engaging.

I wasn't jumping onto it bandwaggony, I was hoping for the awesome core pokemon mechanics overlayed with GPS, the ability to trade, in-game chat, and a large roster of pokemon to catch. I was hoping you'd have all the normal stats, you'd be able to battle wild pokemon and catch them by picking your moves tactical style, and you'd have player vs player battles, and all this overlayed in an awesome AR world with objectives.

What I got was a "throw the paper ball into the bin" style mini-game, a "click till it falls over" combat system, and a "if my e-peen number is bigger then yours, I win" stat system.

So eh.

Maybe I expected too much, but I played Ingress, and I played every pokémon ever, so I expected the perfect merger of the two, instead it's something in between that isn't showing the best that either has to offer. I really went in expecting it to be good and to be eating my life; but I just found it dull, unimpressive, and really a disappointment. It could have been so much more.

Instead I've already uninstalled and moved on, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zircom

Maybe I expected too much
That's pretty much exactly your problem. Basically any adult with a 3DS is gonna have a smartphone as well, and if they can get the tradional pokemon experience for free on their phone, why would they bother shelling out $300 dollars on a console + anther $40 for the game? and the same goes for parents; if they can get a cheap android phone(you can find phones for like >$80 that can run the game) why wouldthey bother getting the full console+Game package when they can just get a phone for their kids that plays pokemon + all the other games on the android app store. Pokemon Go was never intended to be and never will be a full-fledged pokemon game. I do agree that even compared to Ingress its lacking much engaging gameplay, but it will never have any amount of features to where it can be comparable to an actual pokemon game on a DS or other console. Microtransactions can be and are sometimes very lucrative, but nintendo has no experience in this territory so I dont really see them committing to or risking having a freemium pokemon phone game cannibalizing their handhelds sales.

usual disclaimer: drun zircoms opinions do not enccesarily represent sober zircoms opinions and he apologizes in advance

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
That's pretty much exactly your problem. Basically any adult with a 3DS is gonna have a smartphone as well, and if they can get the tradional pokemon experience for free on their phone, why would they bother shelling out $300 dollars on a console + anther $40 for the game? and the same goes for parents; if they can get a cheap android phone(you can find phones for like >$80 that can run the game) why wouldthey bother getting the full console+Game package when they can just get a phone for their kids that plays pokemon + all the other games on the android app store. Pokemon Go was never intended to be and never will be a full-fledged pokemon game. I do agree that even compared to Ingress its lacking much engaging gameplay, but it will never have any amount of features to where it can be comparable to an actual pokemon game on a DS or other console. Microtransactions can be and are sometimes very lucrative, but nintendo has no experience in this territory so I dont really see them committing to or risking having a freemium pokemon phone game cannibalizing their handhelds sales.

usual disclaimer: drun zircoms opinions do not enccesarily represent sober zircoms opinions and he apologizes in advance
Well yeah.

I was optimistic, because Ingress was pretty damn good.
But yeah, because of that I can only ever be disappointed because of what it could have been.

But y'know, whatever really.
As long as they leave my main series games alone, I'll just keep playing those instead, and you guys can play go if you enjoy it.
But It's just not what I was hoping for.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I went into Pokemon Go with little expectation and still got disappointment. I was hoping that there would be more things to do in it but then again with it being free any complaints I have do not have too much weight. Simply put, I don't enjoy it. I'm glad others enjoy it and I'm happy that Nintendo is seeing success with their little experiment. I know Nintendo hasn't been doing all too well recently, so to have their name buzzing around again is nice. Nintendo still holds onto a passion that Sony and Microsoft seem to have lost a long time ago.

Maretocks

Just got the latest update w/ the buddy system.

I haven't read up much on it, but it takes 3km to get one candy for most of my pokemon. The fact that the app doesn't track distance when it's closed kiiiiiiinda renders this pretty pointless.
Doesn't seem worth it at all as a means of powering up your buddy Pokemon.
Otherwise, honestly, it's plain cool having a giant ass Venusaur next to your trainer. But it lacks functionality to be happy with it from a critical perspective.

FTR I played it pretty much every day for the first week or two. Then when the tracker broke I stopped. The new tracker for me is fine, the scope of detecting Pokemon is small enough the you can nail down a location based on a Pokemon's position in the 3x3 grid, so I'm happy enough. Unfortunately all my friends who have it jumped off the bandwagon entirely, so the only time I play it is while I'm driving.

I mean *cough* not while I'm driving.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I haven't watched TPP in a while, I think the last time was a couple weeks ago when I was watching a lot of battle revolution.

The last run that I really watched a lot of was the Touhou Puppet Play and Moemon dual run.

Firedemon

So uh... Anyone still playing this? I finally got a new phone, so I've been catching Pokemon for a little over a week now. I'm super late to this fad, but I just caught a ditto this morning so I think I'm doing pretty good. Apparently there's a big update coming on the 12th with new Pokemon, which would presumably mean gen II.

Tag_Ross

So uh... Anyone still playing this? I finally got a new phone, so I've been catching Pokemon for a little over a week now. I'm super late to this fad, but I just caught a ditto this morning so I think I'm doing pretty good. Apparently there's a big update coming on the 12th with new Pokemon, which would presumably mean gen II.

Did they introduce player interaction? Trading, battling, anything?

13thforsworn

It's a battery guzzler. It wasn't worth having my phone die in an hour to play Pokemon GO. Plus, it crashes when I open the app now, so I guess it made the decision for me.

Steal Thy Kill

I open it every once in a while. They made tracking work again, which is good. Pokevision going down is more or less what killed it for me. Got a bit more active during the Halloween event to get myself a Gengar (gotta catch em all and whatnot). Gen II will prolly do something similar, but nothing like what it used to be. Especially because shit gets cold.

Top Bottom