Ended Rondait's Horus Heresy Mafia: The Imperium Stands!

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
FoS Whitetiger and Dunsparce. We have no way of knowing if Zircom's theory has any legitimacy to it, and the speed with which you jumped onto a lynch on what would otherwise be a confirmed townie is pretty offputting. For bonus points, if one of you flips scum we've got a pretty good reason to believe Lotus isn't.

Whitetiger

When I read Tim's post my first question was going to be if there was a traitor in the lore because that was my immediate suspicion. It seems far too convenient to have 2 confirmed town day 1 with no real downside (besides Tim not getting to be a town-sk this game). Then I scrolled down and saw there was a traitor that the emperor trusted, according to Zircom. That's reason enough for me.

Requiem

I can see both things being likely. What we have to consider more than anything though is how dedicated Rondait would be to going with a Bastard set up.

It's not unlikely for Rondait to do so, but I'm leaning more towards him not choosing to do that. It's hard to say because I don't know 40K lore at all. Since that's the case, I wanna see what everyone else thinks. How dedicated do you guys think Rondait would be to a bastard set up? How heavily do you think lore would actually matter to Rondait when it comes to setting up roles?

That, for me, is the crux of the arguments here. Who we lynch today will come down to whether or not Rondait went with a bastard set up for lore reasons.

To reiterate, I'm of the mind that Rondait didn't do that.

Dunsparce

Let me clarify my thought process. Tim is crazy OP in a really unfair way for the mafia. How do you balance that? Easy. Put him in a mason with someone without telling him that person is scum. Hell, whether or not that's actually happening, I'm totally using that idea for one of my mafia games.

Last edited:

Lotus

Let me clarify my thought process. Tim is crazy OP in a really unfair way for the mafia. How do you balance that? Easy. Put him in a mason with someone without telling you that person is scum. Hell, whether or not that's actually happening, I'm totally using that idea for one of my mafia games.
TTGL had town masonry, as well as a pseudo-traitor. The knowledge town could get was immensely unfair to the mafia. The counter balance (that was overbalanced, my bad) was that the mafia was beastly (ha-ha!) strong. My point : The mafia could just be badasses.

As far as my getting lynched, I'm 100% loyal to our great Emperor, and I'd gladly die on the forefront of battle in his name. IF I get lynched, I'd suggest looking at Dunsparce or WT, or even some of the quiet ones who may just be letting the town lynch one of their own pseudo-confirmed townies. In fact, I'd almost believe the latter to be true, so FOS those that mid-to-late lynch me

I would trust Tirin to be town, only because he defended me with the power of logic, though I wouldn't put it past him to use that defense to gain town trust when I flip town, where if he is rebel scum as he'd already know that I'm town.

I wouldn't blame those loyal to the Emperor if I get lynched, because the theory of lore is strong enough that I'd believe it and jump on the bandwagon if someone else were in my shoes.

TL;DR Lynch me if you must to gain info. I'm actually a solid lynch for info at this point. I'd lynch me if I weren't me.

Requiem

the mafia was beastly (ha-ha!)
I think I hate everything about you, Lotus.
I'd lynch me if I weren't me.
inb4 Tirin

Anyways, if we were to lynch you, no, you wouldn't be a bad day 1 lynch as there is always going to be contention around you and your roles since Tim has pseudo revealed you. That said, the way Tim went so ridiculously hard earlier in the day made me feel as if he was Town and I'm willing to trust him.

I acknowledge that you're not a bad lynch, but this is something we should discuss before just doing it the way some people have. It's one thing to go right in there and take things at face value and another to at least discuss even just a little. Dunsparce and Whitetiger didn't discuss it, they just went right in for it.

Dunsparce

Wait a second. Hold the phone. Does Tim know Lotus' name? If he does, then there's no way that Lotus can be scum. Horus is supposedly the guy that The Emperor would be in a mason with, but don't we already know that Horus is in the mafia? This game is called "Horus Heresy" so i'd assume so.

I don't actually know how it works, so could someone tell me if being in a mason means you know that person's name? Does it work differently depending on the game/GM?

Requiem

Being a mason with someone means you know who they are, yes. It's like the mafia getting to talk to themselves during the game, but instead of being mafia, you can be any alignment of mason. Just depends on the GM's set up.

As for the lore and whose heresy is whose, who might be mafia or not based on lore things, I can't personally say since I also don't know the lore, as I mentioned. Lore things aside, Tim knows Lotus is his Mason buddy because he said as much. Whether or not Lotus' alignment is what Tim thinks it is is still up for debate. That's the "bastard" part of the game coming into play (if it is a bastard role).

The long and short of it is, if Tim and Lotus are mason buddies, they can chat to each other at night or usually all throughout the game. That said, there's no guarantee that Lotus is Town or Mafia until we know for a fact. We're only confused because of the lore related reasoning that was brought up.

But that comes down to whether or not Rondait implemented a bastard mechanic into Lotus' role.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
That's... a good question, actually.

Tim, if you know Lotus' primarch name it's a good idea to give it to us, especially since the name alone wouldn't reveal his role (if town) and thus wouldn't give the scum any information they don't have already. I would all but guarantee that Horus and Lorgar are in the game and scum traitors, since it makes hella sense from the lore perspective - though who the third scum heretic primarch would be is up in the air.

Requiem

primarch name
I didn't consider that this was referring to the character's name. Ignore my post above, I was thinking more in player name terms.

That said, is Tim allowed to reveal that? It's technically info from the role PM, I would assume.

Lotus

I'd like to reiterate that before Tim's claim, I had no clue about his role. He has knowledge of me, but we are not masons. I learned who he was at the same time everyone else did, and I do not get to talk to him in any special regard, neither does he to me, or at least his role doesn't say he does.

Rondait

TIM HAS BEEN SLAIN
TIM WAS

Tim, congratulations, you are

The Emperor of Mankind

You are the sovereign of the Imperium of Man, the father and guardian of the human race. The first time you are targeted by a night kill you are protected. You also have the power to kill one player a night. Additionally at any time during any day phase you may post "Reveal Myself" to be revealed by the emperor. Doing so, however, forfeits your night shield and and your ability to kill a player. These abilities are replaced by the option to have your vote count twice during the day phase. Naturally you can choose to only have it count once. Should you vote for someone twice and they turn out to be loyal to the imperium however, you will be stricken with grief and no longer allowed to vote in the game at all. Finally you know (redacted). You cannot reveal this information until you reveal yourself, however.

I'm on mobile atm so apologies for formatting.

Anyways, day one continues. Anyone whose vote was still on Tim is obviously no longer lynching Tim. With 11 players remaining, it takes six to lynch.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
He has nineteen (technically twenty) other sons, many of whom he trusted. On some counts he was right. On others, and more famously, he was... less right.

...That said, the fact that Tim was slain shortly after I mentioned he could reveal the primarch name (ye, I know that's some WIFOM shit), coupled with how well the lore fits and how we have little else to go on, leads me to believe that lynching Lotus is actually worth it. To that end, I'll Lynch Lotus.

Lotus

I can only imagine that was a mafia daykill. They probably killed him to prevent him from clearing me, though it doesn't appear that my primarch name was in Tim's role.

With Tim's double vote, and my single, clearing me was two costly for the mafia. If you lynch me today, we lose 3 voting power, which at this point I don't believe we can afford.

The loss of our great Emperor fills me with grief, but I will spend my remaining days hunting the man who struck or Lord down. He will pay with his blood, and all will know the price for betraying our Emperor!

Rondait

Before you guys go any further give me five minutes, role abilities are being activated and shit and this shifty wifi may make it take longer than it should.

Top Bottom