Ended Rondait's Horus Heresy Mafia: The Imperium Stands!

Requiem

Well, I'm willing to see what happens. Lotus is still essentially a good day 1 lynch.

Lynch Lotus.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
My conviction is to lynching you, Lotus. I think odds are pretty damn good that you're scum. Besides, you're nobody to talk about convictions this game - you lynched Tim and only backed off of him when he claimed to know you were town (and, in particular, before he was confirmed), immediately hopping onto a potentially easy lynch on BigRandy69, who's new to mafia. However... Tim knowing that you were town would not preclude Tim being scum himself, as scum would obviously know you that you aren't scum. I find the ease with which you accepted that and his claim troubling, and indicative of probably being overconfident scum. In any case, you're a damn solid info lynch. If you're not scum, I'd wager that at least one of Whitetiger and Dunsparce is.

However, it's been a while since Riyant has chimed in on this, and I'd say it's value to give him time to post. To prevent an early hammer, I'll Unlynch Lotus. However, there's a pretty good chance I'll re-lynch him later. He's a goddamn solid lynch.

Lotus

Well I've got no more defense than that lynching me will probably lose us the game simply because of how many townies we've already lost.

I know I'm town and Tim knew I was town.

The mafia could've easily determined that the attention on me was good enough that killing Tim would get me lynched, so much so that when he was revived, they killed him again.

Again, GG Mafia.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I feel like that fear is unjustified. While losing four townies in one day/night phase is savage, that'll make town 5-3, and I think it's pretty fair to expect that scum isn't going to get this many kills tomorrow; otherwise we're pretty fucked no matter what we do. The information taken from your flip if it's town should probably guarantee town's win alone - and if you flip scum, scum is effectively guaranteed a loss without. Horus is the strongest primarch, and I bet he's got the strongest role of any primarch.

Rondait

Jesus fucking Christ.

Timid has been slain! He was:

Timid, you are

Rogal Dorn (town)

'There is only one way to see, and that is through the knowledge of one's own eyes.'

You are the primarch of the Imperial Fists. A master soldier and strategist, once per game you can fortify a position. Choose a player, any 'Hostile' actions that target them that night will cause the perpetrator to be killed by automated defense turrets. Night kills and roleblocks are considered hostile actions. Should your greatest rival, Perturabo, die you gain one more use of this ability. You win when the rebellious Horus and the rest of the traitors are defeated.

The blessings given to Horus by the chaos gods have been used up!

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. The day continues.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
The blessings given to Horus by the chaos gods have been used up!
You made most of them kills!? JESUS CHRIST BY THE EMPRAH RONDAIT!

Frankly, Lotus... I think the fact that people keep dying, and you seem to have some knowledge of how town is fucked, makes lynching you even more worth it. Killing you is supported by lore and logic, and I think that these are the last actions of a man desperate to take the Imperium down with him before getting lynch. If you're town, we're probably fucked - but the same is true if we lynch any townie. If you're not town, we've at least got a fighting chance.

LYNCH LOTUS, FOR THE EMPEROR!

TimTh33nchant3r

I actually have zero knowledge about Tim or his role.

I'm 100% loyal to the Emperor, and that's Tim, so there's that.

My early confusion was that I didn't know the alignment of the Emperor, but if he's town then so am I.
Let me clarify my thought process. Tim is crazy OP in a really unfair way for the mafia. How do you balance that? Easy. Put him in a mason with someone without telling him that person is scum. Hell, whether or not that's actually happening, I'm totally using that idea for one of my mafia games.
Wait a second. Hold the phone. Does Tim know Lotus' name? If he does, then there's no way that Lotus can be scum. Horus is supposedly the guy that The Emperor would be in a mason with, but don't we already know that Horus is in the mafia? This game is called "Horus Heresy" so i'd assume so.

I don't actually know how it works, so could someone tell me if being in a mason means you know that person's name? Does it work differently depending on the game/GM?
That's... a good question, actually.

Tim, if you know Lotus' primarch name it's a good idea to give it to us, especially since the name alone wouldn't reveal his role (if town) and thus wouldn't give the scum any information they don't have already. I would all but guarantee that Horus and Lorgar are in the game and scum traitors, since it makes hella sense from the lore perspective - though who the third scum heretic primarch would be is up in the air.
I was going to talk, but then I died. Repeatedly.
GOD DAMMIT
This. ^
What the fuck. Why are there so many day kills.
Also this ^

I will say that I don't know jack about the lore of this setting, though the artwork is baller as hell.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I suspected as much. While silencing you would be good for framing Lotus, it's also very good on his end for not getting revealed as Horus and getting insta-lynched. Like a said, it's a WIFOM chain of reasoning - but I was/am suspicious of him for a number of reasons. Both lore, solid logic, and WIFOM shit supports it, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Rondait

Sorry, forgot that the required number changed.

Anyways

Lotus has been called for summary execution!

Lotus was:
Lotus, you are

Leman Russ (town)

'Beat your thoughts to the mold your will'

You are the primarch of the Space Wolves. No one in the imperium questions your loyalty, not even your father. As such the Emperor knows who you are and that you are loyal to the imperium. Additionally once per game you may deploy the space wolves to attack someone, causing them to spend the night fighting off the troops (oneshot roleblock).

Night one begins.

Top Bottom