So... I've never seen Star Wars...

What order should I watch Star Wars in?

• 4, 5, 6, then 1, 2, 3

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • 1, 2, 3, then 4, 5, 6

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

13thforsworn

... so I'm going to ask the same question 0corn did in like 2008. Do I start with episodes 4, 5, 6, and then 1, 2, and 3? Or get the shitty ones over with first and then enjoy the originals? And for those who might say just skip the prequels, and I know some of you will, then how am I suppose to experience the disappointment that every true Star Wars fan has gone through, realizing that the series they love has been utterly shit on?

Also, does it matter if I watch the remastered versions or not?

13thforsworn

I've heard 4, 5, 2, 3, 6 is a good order.
Ya, I've actually heard about this too. There's apparently a version on Youtube where the person cut together the important bits into a single movie in that order. That might be an interesting experiment for later, but I feel like I want to experience the movies the "normal way" first.

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Hmm... Well, depends how dedicated you are. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 IS the chronological order, and there's something to be said for that. HOWEVER. I'm going to have to say 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3 just based on personal preference.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Watch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. In this way you watch a movie series that keeps getting better, as opposed to one that gets better, then way worse, then better again.

Chickenspleen

If it's your first time, go release order. Watching the prequels first will definitely ruin some moments in the original trilogy. If you are having a problem with the drop in quality from OT to prequels, just think of them as very expensive fan films that fill in the blanks of what came before. Try to appreciate them for what they are instead of associating them with what they could be.

Also, in terms of remastered stuff, try looking into the Despecialized Edition. It's basically a recreation of the theatrical version of Star Wars. It takes away all the poor decisions George Lucas made in the Special Editions.

Why yes, I am very passionate about Star Wars. What gave me away?

Requiem

I'd say watch them in chronological order. I'm sure you already know all of the major plot points by now considering how ingrained they are into pop culture, so seeing the whole series as one continuous journey would be interesting.

If you somehow have avoided spoilers and don't know anything about Star Wars, then watch the original trilogy first.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I've heard 4, 5, 2, 3, 6 is a good order.
This, most certainly this!

I actually introduced a friend, who hadn't seen them either, to the movies in that order and watching their anticipation to watch 6 after the rest (we didn't have time to go through them all in one day so we watched a few at a time and I made them wait a week in between 3 and 6) was priceless. I never showed them 1, but you can watch it after you finish the rest, it's not really necessary to the plot though.

If you can find the originals go for it, otherwise the remastered will be fine. Really the only ones mad about the remastered are the people who saw the originals first anyway.

13thforsworn

So I watched Episode IV yesterday night, and am gonna watch Episode V tonight. I knew that they blow up the Death Star, but damn, I had no idea it was in literally the first movie. I guess "The Empire Strikes Back" is an appropriate title for Episode V.

Also, I was not expecting the Millennium Falcon to be so small. I was expecting it to be the size of an Imperial Star Destroyer.

Top Bottom