Tales from Driftmoore [OOC]

Chickenspleen

Name: Bryce Gareth

Appearance: Bryce stands at about 5'10", athough he has never bothered to measure himself, and he has an average physique, indicating that he doesn't really try to take care of himself. He has light caramel skin owing to his indistinguishable mix of ethnicities and short, curly black hair which he refuses to comb or wash except on special occasions. He is in a gradually changing state of beard growth, whether shaving at random intervals or trimming it(unevenly). His dark brown, almond-shaped eyes are permanently bloodshot from a mix of recreational drug use and lack of sleep. His face is commonly adorned with various pieces of metal in random places, though some days Bryce prefers not to wear any piercings.

Bryce has many outfits, all mostly black and featuring the names of obscure thrash metal bands. The most constant item of clothing he wears is a nondescript black hoodie with the name Dëth to the Establishment spray-painted in red on the back. He claims that it's a piece of official band merchandise, but he hasn't bothered to make any more. Bryce also commonly wears black t-shirts and dark blue jeans with chains in them.

Personality: Bryce is a bit of a control freak, always wanting to have things his way. When things happen that he doesn't want to, he is prone to having fits of anger. He is a bit of a loose cannon, and is quick to turn to violence to solve his problems. Despite this, Bryce is quite a friendly person, although his dominant personality makes him a hard friend to be around.

Life History:
Bryce likes to say that he grew up in a broken home and had to learn how to fend for himself on the streets of Baltimore. Of course, he was in reality born into a perfectly normal middle class family in Provincetown. He had a relatively ordinary childhood, going to school and making friends, until fourth grade when he discovered Heavy Metal for the first time. Instantly, he knew what he wanted to be when he grew up. He wanted to be the greatest Metal singer in history. After this, he began focusing more and more on music and less and less on schoolwork. He became a notorious slacker who was known for turning in homework a month after it was due, if at all. He began to spend a large part of his school career in detention or in school suspension. There he learned that if you were really good at beating people up, others would listen to you. Luckily, he was a natural.

In eighth grade, he got a bunch of his friends together and formed a band. Although none of them were really any good musically, they began getting a major following from the metalheads around town. Bryce began skipping school to practice with the band. Eventually, they came to call themselves Dëth to the Establishment. All throughout high school, Bryce earned a reputation as a violent rabble-rouser who was dangerous for kids to associate with. While this would make others social outcasts, Bryce was loud and charismatic enough to get a decently large group of friends. He labeled them as Dëth to the Establishment's superfans and had them go around spreading the word about different gigs.

After graduating(by the skin of his teeth), Bryce and the band moved down to Driftmoore to expand their outreach, and they've been stationed there ever since. They have developed quite a following in the more underground circles.

How did you come to Driftmoore?:
Moved there with the band to attract a new audience.

Personal Memento: An old pick that Bryce claims was used by Lemmy from Motörhead. Useless as he has no idea how to play the guitar or the bass, but he keeps it as a good luck charm.

Misc: During his entire school career, Bryce has been in 47 in-school fights. He has won about half of them.

Greatest Fear: Bryce, the insane, violent rebel, is scared of spiders. All spiders, even the really small ones. Because of this, spiders feature heavily in his song lyrics.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Shit, Tirin's gonna make a sheet? Does this mean I'm gonna have to /try/ to not get outdone? This is terrible!
It'd be more fair to say that you'll get outdone whether you try or not, making the effort pointless.

Shizno

But I'm at least gonna make the attempt, dammit. I will not be called a quitter (You know, despite all those things that I've quit). Time to go through and make massive improvements. Well, tomorrow.

Chickenspleen

Well, I'm not changing anything. I'm not looking for the gold, I'm just trying to place.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Oh, yeah. Also, do me a favor: Add to your character sheets your character's greatest fear. That'll be important.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Alright, I'll probably spend some time over the next few days to find ways to improve my character sheet, even if I won't be able to do it that well.

Tag_Ross

I have one question, what time period is this taking place?
Like is it modern day, or XX years ago?

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Wait, greatest fear? This isn't going to turn into some sort of thing where we start seeing fears in our dreams or something is it?

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
You might end up running into fears in dreams or real life. All in all, fear is just easier to manipulate your characters to feeling certain emotions. Throwing two guys with daggers in front of you will probably make everyone be all feisty, courageous heroes. Throwing a massive, hairy-legged spider that chases after you might terrify you, but will still evoke a physical response. Having you hit it and cause it to vomit a swarm of baby spiders around you that scuttle around causing the scream of an infant whenever you step on one as you run down a twisted hallway? Yeah. I'll call bullshit if you're fearless on it.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I updated my character sheet with some stuff and a worst fear that I thought of earlier. I don't think I'll try to expand the sheet too much because I would probably just fill it with useless information.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
But everyone knows that touching a spider with your bare hands is awful. They're what fire is for.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I actually really like spiders, they are awesome. Fun fact, a daddy long legs has strong enough venom to kill a human but it's fangs are not long enough to penetrate our skin, or so they say, I've heard it's actually false.

Top Bottom