Active The Elder Tales [CYOA]

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
This is one of those things where you make characters after forumers isn't it.
Yeah, It was explicitly mentioned in the D&D Skype call that you're a part of.

On 2/24/16, at 1:47 AM, Riyant wrote:

> But yeah. We have Tirin, Easy, Req and TC tossed together in the 60's.
> In a detective agency.
> It oughta be fun.

Either way, I'm giving it some more time:

Currently:

Dick - 3 (Tirin, Tolvan and Coolpool)
Drew Riddle - 1 (Req)
Jasper - 1 ( TC)
Pete - 1 ( Easy)

Something that I'm considering doing is just switching off and on so that way we can all enjoy the different characters. Either way, I'll give it some time. It seems like the Young Dick is going to be our "private" eye into this story for now.

Also, fair warning to Tolvan, Coolpool and Req - Dumb decisions will end in Dead ends.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Y'all lovable black men, who are my friends better not get Dick all ready and rigid just to let him down.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
To be honest, Dick's not really a bad choice. You can tell a lot of interesting stories, playing with that Dick. But playing the muscle means strolling around, not giving a flying fuck about anything. That's pretty great.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Okay that was one time. I usually don't do that kind of stuff. Also I didn't think it was that dumb of a decision. Common sense dictates that suits of armour can't come to life and start killing people.

Also I didn't see the message in the D&D skype call.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Common sense dictates that suits of armour can't come to life and start killing people.
Yeah, but common sense also dictates that if a suit of armor comes to life in front of you and starts smashing shit, you should bail. It's pretty hard to win a fight against a piece of animated metal with your bare hands.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Dick takes another drag from his cigarette before blowing the smoke from the corner of his mouth. A wispy trail found its way outside as the streets were filled with folks walking around and a few cars on the streets. The sounds of paper boys could be heard yelling while the trash was being hastily collected. Overall, it was cheery - so terrible for business. The sound of a pristine bell ringing brought a grin to the grumpy detective’s face. Speaking of business.

“ HEY FELLAS! Let’s clean this place up.”

The sounds of steps could be heard as Drew still listened to his music and Jasper stopped what he was doing to try to fan the smoke out. Pete had opened some windows as the residue and scent of smoke still clung to the room. Unpleasant, but you could at least see who you were talking too.

Knock Knock Knock.

The sound of a customer’s knuckles rapping against their door harkened a response from the detective.

“Come on in. Sorry about the smoke. What can we do you for?”

A fellow walked in having coughing fit. The man looked like a total panty waist, but business was business.

“Ah. Sorry. I heard this was a detective agency?”

“Sure if you want to call it that.”

“Knock it off, Drew. Anyway, yeah, we are. What seems to be the trouble. Jasper, fix the man a cup of Joe, will ya?”

As Jasper was fixing up the cup of coffee, the story was explained.

The client’s name was Joshua Toll - a landlord who landed on some hard times. One of his properties in central Boston, the old Corbitt house was involved in a terrible tragedy. Mysterious happenings had occurred at the house and he was offering a pretty penny for the detectives to get down to the nitty gritty and solve it.

Jasper had typed away at the typewriter to document the event.

The Macario family had moved into the house in 1958. A year after moving in, the father had a serious accident and shortly thereafter went violently insane. He was committed. Within the last month, the mother also went insane. They told of inexplicable events in the house. Neither would enter one particular upstairs bedroom. The current residents reside at the Roxbury Sanitorium - a few miles away from Boston.The landlord knew the house was rumored to be haunted before he bought the place, but the property was too good of a bargain to resist. The landlord wants us to put the rumors and his mind at rest or else to exorcise the haunts.

He had given us $50 as an advance and the keys to the house.

“All right. We’ll see what we can do, Joshy.”

The detective took the bills, letting his thumb riffs through them as they seemed clean.

“So, where do we start boys?”

“Oh! The Boston Globe’s Morgue!”

Everyone raised an eyebrow as they looked at Jasper.

“The newspaper place? Why would they have bodies there?”

Bashfully, Jasper fiddled with his fingers as he spoke:

“Sorry, the clippings files. They always call it the morgue there.”

“Yeah, you always wanted to work there, didn’tcha?”

“Yeah! But it’s restricted. If we could get an editor or the mayor to let us in..”

“What about the actual Macario’s? They might have some stuff to say.”

“We can always split up and meet back in the hour.”

Where would you like to go first?
- Roxbury Sanitarium with Pete.
- Boston Globe’s Morgue with Jasper and Drew.
- Stay together and go to the Sanitarium
- Stay together and go to the Boston Globe's Morgue.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Sanitarium with Pete.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
- Roxbury Sanitarium with Pete

“Yeah, we can split up. Pete, you’re with me. The last thing I want is to have some hacked old man on me and having Drew or Jasper there.”

“Hey! I could help fight him off!”

“Oh, I never said that you couldn’t fight him off, just that you would probably be talkin’ to some loony bird. Just take Jasper and try to get into the Boston Globe. We’ll meet back up in an hour.”

Richard looked over the typewriter page and jotted down some notes about the case - the names of the family and the asylum before crumpling it up and putting it in his pocket.

“Let’s go, Pete.”

The two of them strolled out to the street as the two bickered.

“Look, we ain’t takin’ that heap of junk.”

“Aww, Come on, Dick. It’s a sweet ride!”

“Yeah, a sweet ride considering you fixed up the heap of junk, but we’re taking my car.”

Pete managed a frown before grinning.

“You just didn’t want to ride on the back of it, did you?”

“Shut up and get in the car, Pete.”

The car started up with a bit of issue while Pete fussed with the radio.

“Pretty woman, won’t you pardon me? Pretty woman, I couldn’t help but see.”

Pete’s heavy hand slapped against the dash to the tune of the song.

“Go easy on it, will you?”

Richard’s car pulled out of the street as they made their way out of the Heart of Boston while Drew and Jasper walked towards the Boston Globe.

The road out of Boston was filled with houses and small neighborhoods before it became open roads. Heading towards the Asylum, it felt like there was an unnatural effect around the area. The trees began to become old and gnarled with a lack of leaves. The sun casted twisted shadows throughout the asylum as they drove up.

The depressing asylum managed to muffle the screams as best as it could, but it felt like walking into a jail cell. Parking the car, they got out and walked towards the front desk. A depressed young woman was managing the books as she looked up surprised at the two able-bodied men.

“Oh! Hello! How may I help you?”

Her pen was still moving back and forth, whether she was drawing or writing was unknown.

“We’re looking for the.. hold on. The Macario’s.”

Richard had dug into his pocket and unfolded the scratchy cheat sheet of Jasper’s notes.

“Are you relatives?”

“Somethin’ like that. They’re related to a case. Can we see them?”

“Yes.. you may, if you don’t mind my company.”

A deeper voice could be heard as a gauntly looking man in his 60’s was draped with a bloodied doctor’s coat. “Sorry about the mess. One of the patients had acted up. The name is Doctor Hardstrom.” His hand reached out to shake the hands of Pete and Richard. A surprisingly strong grip for a weak-looking man. Probably from dealing with patients.

“Anyway, there is Gabriela and Vittorio.. I don’t recommend talking with Vittorio. He’s unresponsive, but Gabriela may be willing to explain about whatever you’re looking for..”

His lips curled back into a wrought smile as his yellow teeth were visible.

- Speak with Gabriela.
- Speak with Vittorio

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Speak to Gabriela. Maybe try t'get something out of Vittorio later, but goin' back with a whole lotta nothin' is a waste of time.

Top Bottom