Active The Elder Tales [CYOA]

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Gabby. See?

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
“Mrs. Macario then.”

“Very well. Follow me and I do recommend to be careful.”

Richard and Pete walk down the corridor with each of their steps echoing. The howls and yells of the patients were unnerving to say the very least. The doctor’s hand seemed to appear out of nowhere, gesturing to the door: G. Macario

The sight of a woman curled up on a bed. Her face was buried in her knees as her olive skin contrasted with the white robes. Her thin arms wrapped around her knees while her dark hair fell around her.

“Gabriella. You have two visitors.”

“My boys?!”

The woman’s head shot upward, looking towards the door. Her brown eyes seemed wild, but maternal affection was layered underneath of them.

The somber frown of the doctor explained the story as he spoke.

“Not quite, Gabriella.. Some gentleman wish to speak with you.”

The wild eyes seemed to shrink as the maternal affection disappeared. Any ounce of passion this woman had faded as her eyes seemed empty.

“Y-yes.. Send them in..”

The doctor’s keys rattled as he opened up the door and allowed access.

Pete and Richard stepped into the empty room. Plain walls with barred windows and a door. It was hell for anyone trapped in here if they weren’t already trapped inside of their mind.

“We wanted to talk to you about your household - the old Corbitt House. Your old landlord wanted us to investigate.”

Richard caught the fear in her eye at the words of the “Corbitt House.” Her body trembled as she gripped her robe.

“W-what about it?”

“What happened there?”

Those fearful eyes looked away, staring at a stain on the wall.

“It.. it was haunted.. I would wake up to find it leaning over me. When it was angry, it would throw dishes or other objects at the house. It startled me, but.. Vito..” Her voice was heavy, swallowing deeply as she affectionately mentioned her husband. “It hated him..It would.. hurt him.” Her grip on her robe tightened.

- Push for more information.
- Leave it at that and...
- Investigate Vito
- Follow up with the Doctor in the Lobby.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Push for more info, but be ready for her to go full-on batshit.

If she chimps out, then... obviously leave, and follow up by talking with the doctor.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Push for more info, but be ready for her to go full-on batshit.

If she chimps out, then... obviously leave, and follow up by talking with the doctor.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
A light tap from Richard gave Pete all he needed to know. Glancing back, he nodded at Richard while he proceeded the line of question.

“Ma’am..? Could you tell us more about.. ‘it’? What was i-“

“NO!”

The shrieking woman began to lash out towards Richard and Pete while Pete pushed Richard back. Surprisingly, she didn’t attack them but was trying to defend herself. Her legs flailed out fiercely striking whoever got into reach as Doctor Hardstrom yelled out about a certain protocol. An orderly and nurse arrived, trying to calm her down and forcing drugs down her throat. She softly whimpered and cried out.

A pang of guilt could be felt by Richard and Pete as they hesitantly asked the Doctor to speak with them.

His sullen eyes watched over the procedure before the orderly and nurse moved to another wing of the asylum. He left and closed the door before sighing.

“Let me bring you back to the lobby.”

The footsteps of the trio echoed as you could still hear Gabriella sobbing.

“The boys?”

Pete spoke up with a heavy heart.

“Yes. Her two sons. They are being taken care of by relatives in Baltimore. You could either visit them or give them a ring. I’m not sure if they know anything, but I recommend treading carefully. The boys may be traumatized by the events that unfolded in that house.”

Would you like to?

- Visit the Boys in Baltimore.
- Call the House
- Head back to the Agency.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
- Call the House

Nothing ventured nothing gained. But we might as well make sure they're home first.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Probably would, actually. Inflation calculator I googled says that's about $400 present-day money, so it should get us there and back with a fair amount left over.

It's not enough money to make it actually worth doing, though.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
“We’ll, uh, call if it’s not too much trouble.”

“Just talk to Dorothy at the front desk. I have a few people that I need to take care of.” He extended a hand as those yellow teeth were revealed with a crooked smile.

Taking his hand, Pete and Richard thanked him for his hospitality and wandered back to the lobby. They never spoke with Vito, but if he was less responsive than Gabriella? It would be an unnerving sight to see.

Approaching the cavernous lobby, they saw Dorothy as she stared intently on whatever she was working with while her lips smacked together as she chewed on something. The approach startled her slightly as she composed herself.

“Ah! Sorry about that. What can I do you for?”

“We were told that we could talk to the Macario’s children or at least call them, if it wasn’t too much trouble.”

“Oh?”
Her voice was a mix of intrigue and sadness. “Yes, I can pull up that information for you. I do.. never mind” She mumbled to herself as she stepped away from the desk to look at some of the records in the metal filing cabinets behind her. The letter M emblazoned on a divider, her lithe fingers danced among the folders before pulling one out.

The folder was opened on the desk as it was mostly on Gabriella and Vittorio. A photo of a scarred man could only be assumed to be Vittorio.

Dorothy blew a small bubble as she grabbed a pink pen and a piece of paper to scrawl the phone number down. Handing it over to Richard before gesturing down the hall.
“There’s a phone down there if you want to use it.”

Richard began to make his way down there while Pete lingered in the lobby.

- Go with Richard.
- Flirt with Dorothy
- Ask for the case file.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Flirt with Dorothy.

Steal Thy Kill

Probably would, actually. Inflation calculator I googled says that's about $400 present-day money, so it should get us there and back with a fair amount left over.

It's not enough money to make it actually worth doing, though.
Yeah, but see, it's not just the train ticket or gas money to get there. We're gonna have to spend a night down there, which means hotel rooms. And food. And you just know that Richard and Riddle are gonna be prima donnas and demand their own rooms. Shit ain't cheap.

And absolutely flirt with Dorothy.

Top Bottom