• #teamTolvan

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • #teamEasy

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Day 1: Part 2

"Whew, I think I got away from Easy," sighs Whitetiger.

Tirin clears his throat.

Whitetiger turns around and sees Tirin standing directly in front of him.

"B-but there was no one there a second ago!" says Whitetiger, shrinking back.

"Time god," grins Tirin, stepping towards Whitetiger. "Give me your sword."

Whitetiger thinks for moment, then hands the sword over to Tirin.

"Smart move," says Tirin, inspecting the blade. "I was about to move through time and tear you in half, but if you continue to be an obedient slave, I'll kill you last."

"Uh, sure," says Whitetiger, desperately thinking of how one might beat Tirin in combat.

Whitetiger and Tirin hear yelling in the distance, and something moving through the brush.

"Go check that out," orders Tirin, inspecting his reflection with the sword's clear blade. "Or I'll put this pretty sword through up your ass and through your brain."

Whitetiger gulps and begins cautiously moving towards the commotion.

--

"Hey, Dunsparce, is that you?" asks Jeroth quietly from behind a tree.

Dunsparce looks around. Danny doesn't seem to be nearby.

"Jeroth? What are you doing?" asks Dunsparce.

"Do you want to maybe like, team up or something?" asks Jeroth.

"Hmph," says Dunsparce, crossing his arms. "Why should I believe you. Nobody ever wants to team up with me, even though I'm obviously way smarter than everyone."

"I got shit for gear, man," says Jeroth. "I'm kinda desperate."

"Okay, I guess we can kill Danny then," says Dunsparce. "He was bugging me anyways."

"Wait, you're already teamed up with Danny?" asks Jeroth.

"Hey!" shouts Danny in the distance. "Dunsparce, are you talking to someone?"

"N-no!" says Dunsparce, turning his back on Jeroth. Jeroth hides behind the tree. "Just uh, this tree was being antagonistic, so I'm giving it a lecture."

Danny eyes Dunsparce suspiciously.

"Hmmmm, okay then," says Danny, looking around for signs of intruders. He sees nothing and turns his attention back to Dunsparce. "Something smells suspiciously like pizza, and I. Don't. Like it."

Dunsparce gives a bad poker face.

--

Dragonruby continues running through the forest, then comes to a grinding halt when he sees Easy in front of him. Easy points the sword at Druby.

"Oh. Um, hi Easy," says Druby nervously.

"Hi Druby," says Easy, carefully circling Druby to ensure he doesn't have any weapons. He does not.

"I swear I don't have anything!" says Druby, falling to his knees. "I ran away from the loot pile and I'm just trying to not die, please don't kill me!"

"You looked like you were looking for something," says Easy.

"Yeah, I really want to kick Shizno in the balls," says Druby proudly.

"Great," says Easy. "Maybe we can help each other out a bit. Have you seen Whitetiger or Tirin at all?"

"Yeah, I saw Whitetiger a minute ago," says Druby. "He was running that way, towards the sun. He had a sword too."

"Yeah, I'm trying to get a hold of that," says Easy.

"But you already have a sword," says Druby. "Oh, can you wield two? That'd be really cool!"

"No, it's for survival purposes," says Easy. "Taking out Tirin is going to be really challenging, even for me. But if I can offer him a sword and challenge him to an honorable duel, he might not use his usual bullshit time powers for the sake of his ego."

"That's a pretty good idea!" says Druby. "Can I, um tag along maybe? I don't really know what I'm doing but um...I feel like you maybe won't stab me when I'm sleeping tonight."

"Not unless you do something stupid," says Easy. "You said Whitetiger went that way?"

"Yeah!" says Druby.

"By all means," says Easy, gesturing with his sword. "Lead the way."

--

"Whoo! I'm exhausted!" says Walrus, struggling to stand. "I must have ran a marathon! Or two!"

Walrus looks behind him. He is only about fifty feet away from the pedestal where he started. It's a miracle someone hasn't spotted him and killed him by now.

"It's clear I must rely on my wits and charisma to win this competition!" says Walrus proudly. "I have no gear, so instead I shall befriend those with gear, gaining their trust and loyalty! Then I shall see the end of this bloodshed!"

"Hey Walrus," says Artist, walking up to Walrus with nothing but a shield. "Do you want to be on the same side? I was thinking we-"

"HELP! AN ATTACKER HAS COME TO SLAY ME!" shouts Walrus as he turns tail and runs away.

"Oh. Um, okay good luck then," says Artist, seeming confused.

--

"Go on," prods Tirin. "Go see what's in that bush if you heard something in it."

Whitetiger cautiously approaches a bush and Lotus jumps out of it.

"Wait, wait, I surrender!" says Lotus. "Look, I'll join your guys' team or whatever, there's a major threat heading our way!"

"Hi, I'm Tirin," says Tirin. "There's no such thing as a major threat to me."

"But it's...Tim!" says Lotus, pointing behind him. "He came out of nowhere with this big knife and started going nuts. I got out of there quick, but it sounds like he slaughtered FD, Dunsparce, and Danny."

"Tim's no problem for Tirin!" says Whitetiger.

"Get off my dick," says Tirin, shoving Whitetiger to the ground. " 'sides, Tim's no problem. Jag makes my job easier by taking care of you lesser jags. Less hide and seek that way."

"Uh, right," says Lotus, thinking past. "Anyways, um, I'm smart enough to know running away from a time god's a bad idea. And trying to fight you is even stupider. Do you, uh, do you have any room on your team or anything?"

"Not really," says Tirin, practicing his sword thrusts. "And I don't mind if you start running. More fun that way. I get tired of skewering people just standing there staring at me with their stupid faces."

"I have a counter-proposal," says Lotus boldly.

Tirin looks surprised.

"I'm listening," says Tirin.

--

"Oh great, a brick wall," says Firedemon, stopping to catch his breath. He drops all of his loot onto the ground.

"Wow! That's a lot of stuff!" says Shizno.

Firedemon hadn't noticed Shizno sitting against the wall nearby. FD points a spear at him.

"Where did you get all of that?" asks Shizno. "I didn't think anyone had time to grab so much stuff at the loot pile."

"It's not important," says Firedemon, looking for some kind of trap. But it's just Shizno.

"Hey could you do me a favor?" asks Shizno.

"No," says Firedemon.

"Please?" asks Shizno. "Just kill me. I just want to die."

Firedemon stops in his tracks.

"Seriously?" asks Firedemon.

"Yeah," says Shizno. "I can't get over this wall, and I figure I'm not going to win anyways. Why waste all that effort when I'm just going to die anyways? That's kind of my life motto. So instead of sitting here and starving to death, I thought maybe you could like, bash my brains in or something?"

"That's really dark," says Firedemon. "I know! Tell you what. You help me over this wall, and I'll light you on fire!"

"I was hoping for more of a mercy kill kinda death," grumbles Shizno. "But, okay."

"Great!" says Firedemon, who begins throwing his gear over the wall. Shizno then gives him a boost so he can get on top of the wall.

"So um, you want to kill me now?" asks Shizno.

"Sorry Shizno!" laughs Firedemon as he descends over the other side. "I think it'd be funnier if you starved to death! Muahaha! Who knows, maybe you'll win just by sitting there like a lazy turd! HAHAHA!"

FD collects his gear and runs away. Shizno sinks down onto the ground and begins to cry.

--

"Oh, cool! A frozen lake!" says TC, walking out onto the ice. "And I have a fishing pole! This is fantastic!"

TC approaches a strange hole in the ice.

"Wowee, there's already a hole here for me to fish through!" says TC, starting to prep his fishing pole incorrectly. "I sure hope Rondait finds me! We could finally have that father-son fishing adventure we've always talked about!"

TC's line gets hooked on something.

"This is so great! It looks like I already caught something!"

--

Lotus punches Whitetiger's face again and again. His nose is broken and his left eye is swollen shut.

"Thop, thop! I thurrender!" chokes out Whitetiger.

Lotus relents and stands up. Whitetiger rolls over and begins spitting out blood.

"As you can see," says Lotus, wiping the blood off of his hands, "I'm a better fighter than your current lieutenant, smarter, and more tactful."

"Yeah but you still ran from Tim like a bitch," says Tirin. "But eh, you proved your worth. You can be my new slave, not that you'll live much longer than Whitetiger anyways. Go ahead and finish him off."

Lotus approaches Whitetiger, and they meet eyes.

Lotus mouths a genuine "I'm sorry" to Whitetiger, and bends down to begin choking him to death.

"Hold up!" says Tirin, looking at two newcomers in the clearing. "Hahaha. The Polack reveals himself."

--

"Okay," says Recon. "So the plan is, we raid every camp and steal all the gear. Then we'll uh, have good gear and maybe not die!"

"Right-o!" says Andy.

"Si senor," says Tag Ross.

"Hey, hey!" says Bob quietly. "Req just left his camp to go hunting! Let's steal his shit!"

The four of them rush over to Req's hastily made camp and hey all grab his backpack at the same time.

--

"Tirin, I challenge you to a duel," says Easy, pointing his sword towards Tirin. "No fists. No time powers. Just our steel."

"Ha, look at this jag," says Tirin. "You're just trying to invoke my ego so I don't wipe the floor with you like the Czech you are."

"And it's working," says Easy confidently.

Tirin smirks and flourishes his blade.

"I've been fencing since before this world was born you poor bastard," says Tirin. "You should have stayed in whatever hole you were hiding in ten minutes ago."

"So you agree to the terms of the duel?" asks Easy.

"Yes," says Tirin.

"Then it begins," says Easy, forming his stance.

"No," says Tirin. "It ends."

--

Stealthy begins walking down a well-maintained path in the forest.

"Hm, this seems artificial," says Stealthy. "I'm sensing traps."

"Stop right here! I mean there!" says Coolpool, hopping out from behind a tree. He's aiming a slingshot at Stealthy, with an acorn in the holster. His pockets are visibly full of acorns.

"This is adorable," Stealthy says smiling.

"I want you to d-drop all your weapons on the ground, or I'll fire this um..."

"Slingshot."

"Slingshot!"

Stealthy looks around casually.

"I have no weapons," says Stealthy coolly.

"Oh," says Coolpool, lowering his slingshot. "Well, alright then."

"It seems I am at your mercy," says Stealthy.

"Yes! Yes you are!" says Coolpool proudly. "Now listen here, I want you to watch my back!"

"Of course," says Stealthy.

"You must serve me to your dying breath, for I am sparing your life!" says Coolpool.

"Naturally," says Stealthy. "As your captive bodyguard, may I make a suggestion?"

"Um I guess?" says Coolpool.

"Why don't we continue walking down this trail?" says Stealthy. "It seems to be artificially designed, and I imagine there's some more loot stashed somewhere."

"Uh, yeah! That was my idea too!" says Coolpool.

"And I'll walk about ten steps behind you, just in case we get caught from behind," says Stealthy. "That way I get attacked and not you!"

"Yeah, that too!" says Coolpool. "Because I'm the boss!"

"Oh, yes you are," says Stealthy, and they continue walking down the trail. "Make sure to walk heavily, too. You want to make sure you trigger any uh, hidden treasure compartments."

"Good idea!" says Coolpool, who begins stomping with each step.

--

Lotus and Whitetiger watch as Easy and Tirin duel with their swords, devastating the area around them. Tirin is consistently the better fighter, but Easy is holding his own surprisingly well.

"Hey guys, what's up?" says Dragonruby, approaching Lotus and Whitetiger. He stops in his tracks. "Wait, are we like, enemies or something?"

"Not right now," says Lotus. "This is just cool to watch. I'm kind of banking on Tirin winning and selecting me as his lieutenant, then hoping he dies somehow so I can take his sword."

"Oh, okay," says Druby. "I'm rooting for Easy, since I think I'm kind of his lieutenant or whatever. I'm gonna run away here in a second though."

"Cool," says Lotus.

"Hey Whitetiger, what are you up to?" asks Druby. "Oh man, you don't look so good."

Whitetiger swears under his breath and spits out more blood.

"Sorry dude," says Lotus. "You know it's not personal, it's just how things go right now. I know that doesn't help but...whoa, look!"

Easy is finally worn down enough to make a mistake. Tirin disarms him, and uses Easy's own blade to stab him through the shoulder, pinning him to a tree.

"That was fun, and you weren't half bad!" says Tirin.

"Even got your arm a little," says Easy through gritted teeth.

"Look at that, yeah you did," says Tirin, admiring the cut on his arm Easy had delivered. "I probably shouldn't have dueled you left-handed, but I figured it'd make things more interesting."

"Yeah, I probably should have used my dominant hand too," smiles Easy.

Tirin scowls at Easy.

"I can't tell if you're joking," says Tirin, "or if that Czech brain of yours is stupid enough to fight me at such a disadvantage. Anyways, have fun in the afterlife."

Suddenly, a bullet strikes Tirin in the back of his head, splattering his brains all over Easy. Before anyone gets a chance to be startled, two more shots ring out and both Lotus and Whitetiger are shot between the eyes, having their brains splattered all over Druby.

"Oh, hey guys," says Tolvan, walking towards Easy and the mortified Dragonruby. The triple headshot he just pulled off could only be described as inhuman. "I found a handgun in this backpack. Isn't that neat!"

Easy and Druby are speechless.

"I overheard some of the conversation. I figured whoever's on Tirin's side was probably not a very nice person."

"H-how did you do that?" asks Druby. "That...those headshots were impossible from how far away you were."

"Really?" asks Tolvan. "I didn't think so. Too bad there's only three shots left. Anyways, Easy do you need some help?"

Easy stares at Tolvan, completely dumbfounded. Tirin's corpse twitches for a few moments, and then fades out of existence.

END OF DAY 1 PART 2

Colonel Thunder

Sorry for the long post. As more people die they should get shorter.

Also, would you guys (and @Jeroth be okay with me writing these things a little bit before Jeroth publicly releases the actual results? I feel like there might be more dramatic tension or whatever that way.

Requiem

Yeah that's fine TC.

Also, and not meaning it as some silly random gr8 b8 m8, Tirin keeps getting killed by random happenstance more than any actual fighter or honorable death. Like, Maching Dead, he got bit, but died to fucking Anatron because of silly shenanigannery and now to Druby being a crack shot with a gun from apparently far away.

That's some shitty luck.

Colonel Thunder

(Tolvan, not Druby.)

Yeah...if I kill Tirin a third time, it'll be a more honorable death.

But man, it's hard to kill a time god without a cheap-ass, bullshit bullet to the back of the head.

Requiem

I could conceivably see Tirin losing a fight if he chose to not use his time powers. Would he allow himself to die? Probably not, but I could see him admitting defeat if he honestly felt like he'd been beaten.

When it comes to him dying though, yeah, I suppose the only way to kill him is through "sum facking boolshit" really.

Requiem

I just think that even though Tirin is up his own ass, he would honestly admit to being beaten if he actually got beaten by someone or something. If there's anything Tirin is without a doubt, it's honest.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yes, but it's not lying if he genuinely believes he can still pull a win off through sheer willpower.

Requiem

And then after the fact, if it doesn't end up happening and he is ultimately beaten, he would admit to getting beaten. Which is what I said.

TimTh33nchant3r

Yes, but it's not lying if he genuinely believes he can still pull a win off through sheer willpower.
You can believe yourself immortal, but that doesn't make it true. Not a lie in that he believes it, but not a truth in that it's objectively false.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
And then after the fact, if it doesn't end up happening and he is ultimately beaten, he would admit to getting beaten. Which is what I said.
As long as Tirin still draws enough breath to be capable of admitting defeat, he still won't believe he's been defeated.
You can believe yourself immortal, but that doesn't make it true. Not a lie in that he believes it, but not a truth in that it's objectively false.
It may not be factually correct, but as long as he believes it to be, he's not being dishonest.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Also, would you guys (and @Jeroth be okay with me writing these things a little bit before Jeroth publicly releases the actual results? I feel like there might be more dramatic tension or whatever that way.
I've given TC everything. I'll post the hard updates when he's posted that section.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
(Tolvan, not Druby.)

Yeah...if I kill Tirin a third time, it'll be a more honorable death.

But man, it's hard to kill a time god without a cheap-ass, bullshit bullet to the back of the head.
It's rare for people to kill me when I'm in any position to do something about it. This fact holds true in vidya, mafia, RP, and... really everything else I do, 'cause I really don't like losing.

As long as Tirin still draws enough breath to be capable of admitting defeat, he still won't believe he's been defeated.
At full forum-lore power, it would prettymuch take a reality-warping, big-G God to conclusively beat me, but frankly I'd rather keep fighting and die than submit to a higher power that I don't respect.

Colonel Thunder

"W-what?" says Dragonruby, still reeling from the deaths of Tirin, Lotus, and Whitetiger. "Y-you're crazy!"

"I don't think so," says Tolvan, looking a little ashamed. "I guess I'm just a real good shot or something. Never tried it before."

"You've never fired a gun before?" asks Easy, still pinned to the tree.

"Nope," says Tolvan. "Is...is that okay? Are people usually not that good with firearms?"

"Something is wrong with you!" says Dragonruby. "I'm out of here!"

Druby runs away.

"But...I wanted to be on your side.." frowns Tolvan.

"Hey," says Easy. "I don't mean to push, but could you help me out here? I think I'm going to bleed a lot when I pull this sword out of me."

"Oh," says Tolvan. "Right."

--

"Wait a second," says Stealthy, looking at some hills in the distance.

"Is something wrong?" asks Coolpool.

"I've...seen this place before," says Stealthy. "In my mind. I think..."

Stealthy begins walking off the path, away from Coolpool.

"No!" says Coolpool. "Wait, come back! I'm the boss, remember?"

Stealthy ignores him and keeps walking.

"Aw," says Coolpool. "He was falling for that shtick, too. A little bit longer and he would have fallen into my trap. Darn."

--

"Thanks again for sharing all your gear, Firedemon," says Walrus. "You see, when we all work together, everything turns out for the best!"

"Oi, can it Walrus," says Andy. "It's not like he's sharing his weapons."

"I gave you my sleeping bag, don't complain," says Firedemon, laying down on top of a bed of various small weapons and equipment.

The group is tense.

"So, um," says Walrus. "TC! You've been awfully quiet. How have you been this fine day?"

"Two hours ago I fished my dead son out of a lake," says TC, glaring at Walrus. "How the fuck do you think this day has been?"

"Ooooookay then," says Walrus, turning to Jeroth. "Jeroth, you said you ran into Dunsparce earlier, right?"

"Yeah," says Jeroth, eating an energy bar. "He's teaming up with Danny, but seemed pretty open to betraying him. Danny seems pretty on edge."

"Wot mate," says Andy. "No way I'm teaming up with Dunsparce. Dude's weird."

"I think we should continue building our happy team," says Walrus. "We'l need all the faces we can get if we want to take down the major players."

"Wait,are you implying I'm not a major player here?" says Jeroth.

TC stares into the distance. FD, Andy, and Walrus mumble their responses.

"Aw, screw you guys," says Jeroth, standing up to leave. "I might not seem as much of a badass as Easy or Tirin or Stealthy, but I'm still one of the core vets of this community! I can hold my own, I don't need a group of underdogs like you guys to win this thing!"

"Wait, Jeroth!" says Walrus, but Jeroth already begins storming off. "Oh, darn. Looks like our crew is down to four."

"Dude has a stick up his ass anyways," says Andy, picking through the gear Jeroth left behind.

"I think I'll take first watch tonight," says Firedemon. He looks at TC and smiles. "Hey TC, you should get some sleep. Don't worry, I'll be watching over you."

"I'm not tired," retorts TC.

"Well, I'm definitely getting some sleep," says Walrus. "See you in the morning, my fellow happy campers!"

Walrus begins snoring loudly.

"So...when do we start stabbing him?" asks Andy. TC shrugs, and Firedemon plays with a tree branch. "Eh, I guess later then."

Andy falls asleep as well.

--

Artist hears a noise, and pokes his head outside the small shelter he had made. He sees a silver container attached to a parachute.

"Oh sweet, a sponsor sent me something!" says Artist, scrambling to open the container. "I hope it's a sword to go with this shield!"

Artist opens the container. It's full of medical supplies and has a note attached.

"Medical supplies? Why would I need those?" asks Artist aloud. He picks up the note. "Easy, that was a great fight you had with Tirin! We had a lot of fun watching it, and we were rooting for you the whole time. Were you really dueling him with your non-dominant hand? If so, that's so badass! Just what a BAMF'n Free Roller would do! Anyways, sorry you got pinned to a tree. These supplies should help treat the wound. Good luck!"

"That's weird," says Artist. "I guess they got the packages mixed up."

--

"Artist, this shortsword should go well with your shield. Good luck out there!" says Easy, reading from the note that came in his sponsor package. "I don't know who's running this Hunger Games ripoff, but they need to fire whoever's delivering these things."

"So now you have three swords," observes Tolvan. "That's a little overkill."

"Yeah," says Easy. "Here, you can have this one."

Easy tosses Tolvan the shortsword.

"Thanks!" says Tolvan, picking up the weapon. "How's your shoulder feeling?"

"It's been better," says Easy, wincing as he moves his arm. "We stopped the bleeding, but unless I get some medical supplies I'm really risking an infection."

"Well, let me know if I can help!" says Tolvan eagerly.

"Yeah, uh, about that," says Easy. "Tolvan, kid, you're great. I appreciate you helping me out with getting pinned to a tree and all, but you kind of worry me."

"What?" says Tolvan. "How?"

"You're a crack shot," says Easy. "And eventually, we're going to have to turn on each other. I don't want to be around you when that happens. Seeing what you did to Tirin and the others and all..."

"Oh..." says Tolvan. "No, it's okay...I...I get it. It's probably best if we don't team up.."

"I'm thinking I go my way, and you go yours," says Easy. "And hopefully we don't have to fight each other. Does that sound alright?"

"Well, I was really looking forward to being on your team," says Tolvan. "But...I get it. And you're being real nice about this. Druby just ran away from me, and you could have just killed me a minute ago. But instead you wanted to talk things out."

"You're a good kid," says Easy. "I think you deserve a shot at winning."

"Thanks Easy," says Tolvan. "I hope you do well."

"You too kid," says Easy.

The two friends part ways.

--

Time passes, and the night becomes very, very cold.

--

"Shizno!" says Dragonruby, approaching Shizno, who's still sitting by the brick wall. "Ha, I'm totally going to kick you in the balls!"

"Go ahead," says Shizno. "Everybody's being real mean to me anyways, you might as well too."

Druby's smile fades.

"Hey uh, I have a better idea," says Druby. "How about you help me over this wall, and in return I won't kick you in the balls or anything?"

"Sure," says Shizno.

"Thanks man!" says Druby.

Shizno helps Druby over the wall, then sinks down onto the ground again.

--

"Raiding Req's camp was a stupid idea!" says Bob, climbing into a tree to get some sleep. "Andy, Tag, and Recon are idiots! Of course they'd just take all of Req's stuff and give me nothing! Jerks. I'll find a new group, a better group! One that can appreciate the genius that is Bob!"

And on that pleasant but foolish thought, Bob fell asleep.

--

Stealthy lounges by his pleasant campfire. He uses a small knife to clean the dirt from under his fingernails.

"One," says Stealthy.

Nothing happens.

"Two," says Stealthy.

Nothing happens.

"Three," says Stealthy, putting the knife away and staring into the campfire.

"Four."

"What's he doing?" whispers Danny, hiding in a nearby bush.

"Five," says Stealthy.

"I think he's counting to ten," whispers Tag Ross in another bush.

"Six," says Stealthy.

"What's he going to do when he gets to ten?" whispers Dunsparce in yet another bush.

"Seven," says Stealthy.

"I don't know!" whispers Danny.

"Nine," says Stealthy.

"Holy shit, he skipped eight!" shouts Danny.

"Let's get the hell out of here!" shouts Dunsparce.

"Ay carumba!" shouts Tag Ross.

The three of them run away screaming.

Stealthy chuckles to himself and begins studying the area once more.

--

"The funny thing is, Stealthy didn't realize he was right," says Coolpool, warming himself by his fire. "There actually was hidden gear on that path. You just have to be smart enough to disable the traps that he didn't realize I was aware of."

Coolpool looks around the darkness.

"If you want to last long in this game," says Coolpool to the darkness. "Maybe you should go try to find some gear instead of taking someone else's."

A few seconds pass.

"I know you're there," says Coolpool.

Nothing happens.

Coolpool reaches into his backpack and pulls out a strange metal gun. He waves it in front of him while holding down the trigger, and a massive laser shoots out, engulfing a section of tall grass in flame.

Requiem, Tolvan, and Recon all run away from their hiding places in terror. Coolpool puts another log on his fire.

Top Bottom