Ended Victory [BAD END]

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Darkness obscures your vision as you hear faint murmuring.

".. Not for this one. It needs strength!"

"Nay V-... remember? Swiftness is the best choice."

"You're both wrong. It's intelligence that it needs."

"What do you know?!" "What do you know?!"

"Everything, fools. At least, we received this one and not the others."

The murmuring goes quiet. Time seems to stand still until soft glowing colors break through the darkness. An soft red engulfs your vision, warming you and filling you with vigor. The colors fade aways before giving way to dancing green lights cool you down and fills you with energy. It fades away before a final color appears - a tiny bright blue. It's concise and shines true, reminding you of limitless possibilities.

Which do you respond to?
- Red
- Green
- Blue

Also, are you a boy or a girl?
- Boy
- Girl

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Girl. I hate these decisions. I can never pick between speed and magic, screw strength that's a dumb stat that slow people need. I'm just going to flip a coin. Green just for some diversity, I honestly don't care as long as either green or blue wins.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Blue: 2 ( Tirin and Thunder)
Green: 1 (Coolpool)

Girl: 2 (Thunder and Coolpool)
Boy: 1 ( Tirin)
__________________________________________________________________________________________

The blue glow stays, shining through you as the other voices are drowned out. One of the voices becomes crystal clear as you feel supported in the void.

"Wise choice, little one. May you use your gift well, my child. Open your eyes."

Two swirling blue eyes stare down at you, its thin lips pulled back into a smile. "Now, it's time for me to find out where you're needed..."

As you're turned around there are three pedestals - a sword, a book and a strange rock.

As you look at each object, memories flood your mind.

The sword reflects images of metal-clad men fighting strange beasts and colors bursting.

The book opens up, its pages flipping into a story scrawled in pencils. A human-like figure walking down the street surrounded by towering buildings.

The strange rock emits smoke that swirl around, revealing strange figures and small orbs of light.

Which do you choose?

- The Sword
- The Book
- The Rock

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So I'm guessing this is some sort of vague way of choosing a main plot point. I'm leaning towards the book or the rock. I'm not sure which one to choose, but I'm fine with either.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
So I'm guessing this is some sort of vague way of choosing a main plot point. I'm leaning towards the book or the rock. I'm not sure which one to choose, but I'm fine with either.
There were a lot of places to start with, so I figured to leave the genre to the readers.

screw strength that's a dumb stat that slow people need.
Also, I disagree with this. Strength is a fantastic stat when combined with tough moral decisions.

Requiem

Blue and Girl, good choices everyone.

Uuuuhhhhhh... Sword or Book. Not sure which to pick. Sword looks dope, but book looks good too. I wanna see what other people say, because I feel like this is a Kingdom Hearts-esque choice between archetypes, the sword being more combat oriented, the book being more magic oriented, and the rock being support oriented (like the sword, magic rod, and shield from KH1).

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
We haven't really explored urban settings, which the book seems to suggest. Let's go with that.

Wish I had more info on the rock before making that decision, but ah well.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Book: 3 (Coolpool, Req, TC)
Rock: 1 (Coolpool)
Sword: 1 (Req)
__________________________________________________________________________________________

[Modern story, it is.]

The book flips quicker, drawing you into the story as the buildings become more vivid. You start to hear the sound of cars and in a blink, the book is gone.

You pause for a moment, knocked side by one of pedestrians who yells at you for being a tourist and you catch your bearings. You stumble forward, catching yourself on your converses. A frown grows across your face as you're ready to yell at him, but he's already turned the corner. Your hands are firmly grasping a manilla envelope to dear life before you start walking. You begin to make your way to your place of work - the library at the University. Your co-worker that you replaced is already out the door as you head in, giving a nod before you make your inside. Your friend who works with you is fixing the printer, starts to wave you down, while the desk is available for you to open your envelope.

What do you do?

- Open your manilla envelope.
- Go talk with your co-worker

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
It's just an envelope, surely it can wait a little while to be read. Talk with the co-worker. I mean what could possibly go wrong from not reading it right away right? It's not like a character is going to die or something from this first choice outside character creation.

Frilzer

We could lose it! If Jeroth is doing this like a real CYOA then we either get to read it now or we won't, maybe until much later. I say we open the envelope. I don't think saying hi is going to change much, reading this thing will try us what's going on... I hope.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Open the envelope - 4 (Req, Frilzer, TC, Null)
Talk with the coworker - 1 (Coolpool)

You notice your friend waving frantically and you put a hesitant wave, smiling as you KNOW that he needs help with the printer, but he needs to learn to deal with it on his own.

You sit down at the librarian's desk as the chatter around the printer increases. You block it out of your mind as you you open the manilla envelope. You recently visited a professional genealogist that managed to trace your family history. You had some money to splurge that you saved up and you scan up the tree. You find the name that you've heard passed around by your family that you thought was a rumor.

[Morgane]

A wide smile spreads across your face as you look at your family history. Morgane was the inspiration for Morgan le Faye in King Arthurian literature - AND you were related to her! You follow the tree down to your parent's name and then your name.

- What is your name?

Top Bottom