• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I'm going to throw my vote away on a third party/independent

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I stand above you all because I realize that voting never changes anything

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

AndyM03

I personally am not a fan of either but Trump really disappointed me in the debates, he was billed as this great counter puncher and that Hillary would have to be careful if she went after him, but really it was just a lot of flailing from both sides.
I think you're spot on for the first half of the debate (Trumped up Trickle down lmao), Trump was really strong on Trade (Rather, he sounded good on trade) And Hillary didn't have many good come backs for it, turned into a lot of what you described.
However, I think it's very clear that Trump did incredibly poorly in the latter half of the debate. Hillary literally just had to do subtle jabs and sit there while Trump went on a tirade about his "I know a guy's" and "WRONG"'s. I think Hillary could have provoked Trump's fall a little earlier, but regardless I think she was a clear winner to anyone who sat through the whole thing. She just finished so strong, and that's probably what people will remember most.

Dunsparce

If Trudeau literally wants Canada to get nuked, maybe he's not so bad after all.

As for the debate, I kinda have to agree with Andy, even though I'm probably voting for Trump. If I had no prior knowledge or biases, the debate probably would have swayed me to Hillary's side. The only substantial thing that they argued over was economics, and I honestly think that your average Joe would have been convinced to Hillary's side with that, since Trump didn't do much to defend it. He also didn't defend against being called racist and sexist, but I'm not really sure it would make a difference if he did. Birds fly, fish swim, and liberals call people racist.

Steal Thy Kill

Hillary rustled his jimmies real hard on the tax return question by pressing the "maybe you're not as rich as you say you are" button. It's known to be the one thing that can cut deep with the guy. Trump came in underprepared, and once he was knocked off his game it showed.

Non Racial/Whatnot example is the nuclear question, which he completely fumbled through until he found his way to Iran.

Last edited:

Lumpy

...for the record, you're talking to somebody who's just openly declared:
Name one thing wrong with saying that. Try not to use the words racist or sexist this time. Remember, we're talking about a man that callously elbowed a woman in the boob in one of the most violent political acts Canada has ever known.

I also wasn't aware you were a Trump fan. Good to find someone that actually likes him. I, personally, haven't seen many of his voters come out and say "Well, he's just so damn likable." In fact, their arguments in favour of him are usually defenses for the opposite.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Name one thing wrong with saying that. Try not to use the words racist or sexist this time.
It's another wild claim that you can't substantiate in any way that makes any actual sense. Unless you're a racist, sexist simplet- ah, fuck. There I go again.

Ibix

Trudeau seems well meaning and passionate, but he also says stupid shit. Like focusing on his cabinet having genital parity as though it is something that matters. I'm also pretty sure he wants more Canadian involvement in the UN. One is just stupid pandering, the other I'm just not a fan of.

13thforsworn

Trudeau seems well meaning and passionate, but he also says stupid shit. Like focusing on his cabinet having genital parity as though it is something that matters. I'm also pretty sure he wants more Canadian involvement in the UN. One is just stupid pandering, the other I'm just not a fan of.
Can you pick a minister out of his cabinet that doesn't deserve to be there?

Last edited:

Ibix

I'm not suggesting the cabinet is bad. I have no clue. I'm suggesting that picking more women than there would be based on the ratio of male and female politicians on purpose then gloating is pandering and pointless. If he had just happened to pick 50/50 and made nothing of it I probably wouldn't be laughing at him.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
[Trudeau] wants more Canadian involvement in the UN, [which] I'm just not a fan of.
The UN has to be de-shitted somehow, and that's only possible if countries continue to be involved in it and work earnestly in the hopes of achieving noble goals. While it could certainly be more effective, I believe that it's the best option we have for securing global peace, cooperation, and goodwill in the future.

Can you pick a minister out of his cabinet that doesn't deserve to be there?
That's a ludicrous expectation, and in any case it should be that Trudeau can justify his cabinet picks (ideally with "they're each the best option I've got for their respective positions"). He shouldn't get a free pass on his picks, because it's not like any other politician would (or should).

Ibix

The UN has to be de-shitted somehow, and that's only possible if countries continue to be involved in it and work earnestly in the hopes of achieving noble goals. While it could certainly be more effective, I believe that it's the best option we have for securing global peace, cooperation, and goodwill in the future.
If Canada can make the UN more genuinely effective at making all nations not want to fight I'm all for it. I'm not convinced it could be fixed with all of the might of the United States and our influence, so Canada having an agreed impact would be eye-opening. I'd genuinely like to be wrong about the UN being in a state of irreparable corruption and useless bureaucracy.

Lumpy

It's another wild claim that you can't substantiate in any way that makes any actual sense. Unless you're a racist, sexist simplet- ah, fuck. There I go again.
1. There ain't nothing wrong with the occasional wild and unsubstantiated claim.
2. That doesn't explain why you compared it to a perfectly reasonable and easily substantiated claim.

Top Bottom