Ended Witch Hunt (Mafia) (Game End, Partial Town Victory)

Chickenspleen

Based on the magical deciding powers of the RNG, I'm going to lynch Jeroth. I'm probably placing a huge target on myself for being the first to lynch, but let's get crazy.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm the second lynch. I get to live another day.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Chicken's edit makes me want to lynch him first, for the lulz.

Also, bonus points to Andy for funny comment.

And bonus points to Tag Ross for helpful comment. The best way to discern your enemies is through idle Day 1 chit-chat.

So Tolvan, how's your day going? Any particular reason you're lynching Shadow's gif?

Requiem

It's best not to make any joke lynches in the beginning, easy way to get killed for no reason. Figured there'd be more talk going around by now, but we are more active at night, so that's a thing to consider.

Anyways, glad to see we can avoid the no lynch thing. Chicken, I know it was just a random lynch, but maybe you could give us the positives and negatives of lynching Jeroth? As you see them at least. It would help get conversation going and you're the first to have made a serious lynch.

Chickenspleen

It's best not to make any joke lynches in the beginning, easy way to get killed for no reason. Figured there'd be more talk going around by now, but we are more active at night, so that's a thing to consider.

Anyways, glad to see we can avoid the no lynch thing. Chicken, I know it was just a random lynch, but maybe you could give us the positives and negatives of lynching Jeroth? As you see them at least. It would help get conversation going and you're the first to have made a serious lynch.
Okay, let's see what I can do. It's a common tactic among mafia members to remain silent on the first day, therefore not saying anything suspicious and incriminating yourself. So far, all but 3 players have posted:
  • Jeroth
  • Easy
  • Shadow
Now by no means am I saying that this incriminates any of the three. However, historically Jeroth has been fairly quick to action as a townie. That seems enough to slightly justify my completely random lynch for now. We'll see how things change when and if Jeroth appears today.

Ro Ro Ro

Alright, so here's my take on day 1 meta. Bandwagon on a person. Bandwagon means to get a sizable number of votes on one person. The easiest way to check somone's alignment is to see how they jump on the bandwagons. Mafia always feel compelled to get at least 1 of their votes on a bandwagon. If you don't like the way someone jumped on the lynchtrain, switch the focus to them. It's all about generating discussion and reads. You just have to use the vote as a tool to do it.

For that reason:
Lynch Jeroth

Now, because there is such a low threshold necessary to get someone lynched (6 is really low) I'm not sure how effective this really will be. We certainly don't want to bring anyone 2 votes from death, otherwise the hammer will call to us to bring it down. In any case, I believe it is definitely the best use of our limited knowledge from day 1.

So far, not getting any good reads from Tolvan. He is the only one who has posted enough for me to even talk about reads, so the rest of you need to fix that. I will certainly be doing the same. Even just talking more about day 1 meta is fine. Even just talking about how much we need to lynch shadow's GIF is fine.

Ro Ro Ro

Guys we really need to lynch Shadow's GIF. It could give us all nosebleeds. That's what happens in anime, right?

AndyM03

Based on the magical deciding powers of the RNG
RNG, or, "I'm certainly not a Mafia specifically lynching a townie, Homie G" you slimey dog mate I trusted you with my life and my misses.
Yeah Day 1's are always a bit hectic, but the funny thing with saying you used RNG is that none of us can really see you doing it unless you film it so you could say whoever you want with this tactic. For this reason alone, also the fact I don't really buy the Mafia's not talking on Day 1 thing, I'm going to
Lynch Chickenspleen
Unless we feel like the RNG isn't a big deal, or film someone doing it I reckon.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
I think Easy just soft-claimed townie.

And I don't think he's pulling a "lol I'll pretend I didn't get a role PM so that people connect the dots into thinking I'm a townie" move. That seems unnecessary Day 1. Plus, it would just seem out of Easy's character to do so.

So far I'm liking Andy's theory. The last several Mafia games have established a "Day 1 is useful" motif. Chicken speeding things along with the use of an RNG is more than a little suspicious.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Jesus Christ, lots of discussion.

Historically, Yeah, I do have a habit of jumping into mafia games, but I was out with folks on a Friday night.

Anyway, I noticed that I got some lynch votes - thank you for at least not trying to no lynch on Day 1.

Before anyone brings out the "No lynch" because it hurts feelings, let me do some math for you:

Going forward, this is all no-lynching.

D1: No lynch, 11 players(8 Town, 3 Mafia).
N1: Town is killed ( 7 Town, 3 Mafia) - 30% chance of hitting scum the next day
D2: Town is killed by Lynch (6 Town, 3 Mafia)
N2: Town is killed (5 Town, 3 Mafia) - 37.5% chance of hitting scum the next day
D3: Town is killed by Lynch (4 Town, 3 Mafia) -
N3: Town is killed by Mafia (3 Town, 3 Mafia) - Mafia Wins

Going forward, this is lynching on Day 1.

D1: Town is killed by Lynch (7 Town, 3 Mafia)
N1: Town is killed ( 6 Town, 3 Mafia) - 33.3% chance of hitting scum the next day
D2: Town is killed by Lynch (5 Town, 3 Mafia)
N2: Town is killed (4 Town, 3 Mafia) - 42% chance of hitting scum the next day
D3: Town is killed by Lynch ( 3 Town, 3 Mafia) - Mafia Wins

In the event that we are so awful that we lynch all the town, we will lose on Day 3 - whether we lynch on Day 1 or no lynch. By doing no lynch on first day, you are only helping the mafia and decreasing the following: (1) The opportunities to lynch scum & (2) The chance of actually hitting scum.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Lynch Chickenspleen because his posts smell like bullshit (which is about all there ever is to go on through Day 1).

Top Bottom