2016 Election Clusterfun

The Hound

Just Monika
This is the problem with the US, instead of using all the anger and rage to force change we bitch and moan and then threaten to bail when things don't go our way. Then of all the people who claim they'll bail only like a handful actually do and the ones who don't spend the next 4 years bitching and moaning some more instead of getting out there and doing something. This could be every country but holy hell this happens every election here.

Maybe I'm the minority here but if it's not Sanders I'd rather have Trump than Hillary. They'd both be awful, but I haven't come across many politicians more slimy than her (at least none that aren't already in prison).

Can't wait until March 15th to see how many morons are in my state.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
If my votes for a voice were between Trump and Hillary, I'd have the fucking sense to prefer silence.

Whitetiger

My family is republican and I consider myself right of center and I've told my friends and family that I'll vote for anyone that isn't Trump or Hillary. And it it comes down to the two of them I'll probably not vote or just write in Optimus Prime or something.

Requiem

I really don't want Drumpf to be president in any capacity. Not because he's a sick, twisted, idiot of a man who is riling up the racists of the country out of their thousand year doldrums of yesteryear, but because he's simply incompetent. The guy is only popular because he's made himself popular, literally the name Trump is what is getting him his votes. He's become a cultural icon more than anything else and a nation under his leadership would actually become idiocracy in a second.

With Hillary, as scummy and gross as I think she is, despite all of the crap that she's done and been a part of, I would prefer her over Drumpf in a heartbeat. With her, we'd have more of the same for at least four years and it would be awful, absolutely, but it would be the same brand of awful we've had thus far whereas Drumpf would just be an unknown entity causing trouble with other nations for no reason, putting us into needless combat situations or wars, especially when the dude literally has no political foreign policy experience.

I'd rather go with the devil I know rather than the devil I don't.

Requiem

All I know is that Bernie is the chosen one, sent to bring balance to the government. Considering he won four Super Tuesday states, I'm not feeling too bad, everything is going according to plan so far. Of course everyone wants him to be stomping Hillary's face in right now, but a slow and steady progression is better than no progression. It'll be tougher for Bernie to pull off what Obama did in 2008, but it's still very possible for him to win over her.

The Hound

Just Monika
See I see Hillary as way more dangerous but again that's just my opinion based on what I've seen of the two, and considering she has blood on her hands already from Benghazi (which she's still not really addressed because Bernie and Mike O'malley weren't hard enough about it) which to my knowledge Trump does not. Trump is all razz matazz he's very little substance only puppetting the stupidity his base wants to hear. It will be interesting when election time comes near and the candidates inevitably more more towards center where both Hillary and Trump will wind up because Trump has been way out there to the right but Hill hasn't been able to drift left because of Bernie.

AndyM03

Ooh i've actually been keeping up with American politics and got to talk to a Hillary supporter over here in Australia. He just didn't think a lot of Bernie's goals were feasible or economical, which is the worst argument because it totally is and in many cases (such as healthcare) It's more economical. People got to stop looking at his stuff as 'spending' and look at it as 'investing'. Richest country in the world can't put more money towards internal development? Yeah right.
Yeah Firedemon you can chill with me i've got a double bed for a reason bby.

Requiem

Drumpf isn't just a harmless simpleton who's only parroting the things his people want to hear. That's what he's currently doing to earn votes, certainly, but that tactic will easily translate into his Presidential policies. He's going to actually try to do the shit he keeps saying he's gonna do. He's failed so often with so many business ideas that putting him in charge of one branch of our government is ludicrous to even want to do.

Yes, Hillary is literally scum, she would be lynched first in every mafia game for the rest of time if I had my way (and like thrown in jail or something IRL I guess), but at least we know what she's going to do and how she's going to do it. She's the greedy talking voice box for Wall Street and big business and at least all these business want to do is suck money out of you like a mosquito sucking out blood. Drumpf isn't gonna do that. He's gonna cause bigger problems. Hillary is the scummy status quo while Drumpf is a new brand of idiot scum.

And like Andy said, and I think most of us agree here, anyone who says people are just asking for "free stuff" by asking for free healthcare and free higher education are nuts. We have so much money within our nation that it's more than possible to accomplish. Hell, it doesn't even need to be free, just make it fucking affordable again. Tuition and healthcare are ridiculous in America and the majority of Americans are cool with keeping it that way because they don't understand how money works. They also don't get how taking care of your people works, but that's more of a societal thing. You'd think people would just inherently know that education and healthcare being available to all would help fix poverty, disease, or need for welfare amongst the lower class, but then again these are the people I assumed wouldn't even let Drumpf get this far in the election, let alone becoming the GOP frontrunner. It's nonsense. It's all silly nonsense.

The Hound

Just Monika
We'll see Req but I'm willing to bet that both Hillary and Trump will drift towards center and considering Trump has his base in his pocket he'll be more free to move further center whereas Hillary has the uphill journey to try and convince those Bernie supporters to join her (which won't happen). Trump hasn't said anything that I think he could actually accomplish, a lot like Bernie the reality is there's no way they could push through their extreme views and for them to actually get anything done they'll have to compromise. Trump demands a wall from Mexico, Mexico has already said fuck no. Trump wants to block Muslims from coming in, well good look crazy man it must sound great to the base but it's impossible. In the end it seems like we disagree on how competent Trump is, I think there's no way he could be as destructive as Hillary because Hillary has the support of her party on top of her already twisted version of morality. Trump may eventually get the Pubs to go with him but he'll never have their loyalty and if and when Trump tries to do something crazy they'll look out for themselves and their party before rallying behind this outsider.

We'll see, obviously at the end of the day we agree on Bernie and we agree that both Hillary and Trump are disasters, I'm not looking forward to either that's for sure.

Top Bottom