2016 Election Clusterfun

Firedemon

My current rankings are Bernie, Kasich, Rubio/Hillary (haven't thought about that one enough), Cruz, Drumpf. Kasich, to me, is showing some of the same character appeals as Bernie, which is why he comes in over Hillary even though I should theoretically agree with Hillary's policies more. Hillary is definitely preferable to Drumpf and Cruz in my mind, but I'm not really sure where Rubio falls on the spectrum of awful, so I can't properly decide if he's better or worse than Hillary.

Also, as for my problems with Cruz... He was the joke of the election until Drumpf started running.

The Hound

Just Monika
You must be forgetting that Scott Walker was there and is always the biggest joke in any room he happens to be in.

EDIT: I did live in Wisconsin so maybe Scott Walker is a bigger joke to me because of that.

13thforsworn

This is a fantastic speech my former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney in regards to Trump. I think the GOP would die for a nominee like him this election cycle.

The Hound

Just Monika
I guess I don't get the timing of Romney's remarks, it's all but certain that Trump will take the GOP nomination, so why would you shoot your party's candidate in the knee? I don't doubt that he's echoing the opinion of most Republican politicians, but this is fuel for Hillary, so why would Romney say this now. 4 months ago this makes sense, try to push down Trump so one of the other candidates could step up but this seems way too late for that. I mean would he rather Hillary win over Trump? If so that's a huge surprise.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Damn, Mitt Romney rolling out the fucking truth.

As for why, probably because he'd prefer Hillary over Trump.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Jesus CHRIST, watching Donald Trump's response and it's literally the exact thing Mitt Romney said it would be. Badly, badly outplayed, outpredicted, and overall fucking wrecked.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
He only took two or three minutes to denounce Hillary, but something like fifteen to hate on Trump. He knows the guy sucks, he just can't publicly say "This guy is a fucking idiot and electing him with turn America into a shithole".

The Hound

Just Monika
As for why, probably because he'd prefer Hillary over Trump.
There's no way. I did hear a real reason though, so there's word that Rubio is about to drop out, he's cancelled a bunch of appearances and that's usually a sign. So the thought is that it's more likely that Rubio's supporters go to Cruz than go to Trump so this whole thing might not wind up as big of a blowout as it seems, so maybe there is still time. That being said I don't know if I want Cruz more than Trump, they're both terrible.

Steal Thy Kill

Mitt Romney reactivated his presidential campaign committee. He can now receive campaign contributions. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I LOVE THIS CAMPAIGN SEASON SO MUCH.

The Hound

Just Monika
Mitt was like wait all I have to do is defeat a racist loudmouth and eventually a lying old hag this time and then he began drooling profusely.

The Hound

Just Monika
I'm just happy to see someone who can actually take Trump on in the GOP, because Cruz is a joke and Rubio might be a better candidate in like 8 years, he just doesn't seem ready for the big time.

Steal Thy Kill

Rubio was supposed to be the Republicans' cool black guy, but unlike Herman Cain, he was gonna improve on the strategy by not actually being black. It just turns out that he's not cool, he's just cool compared to other republicans. It'll be interesting to see where he goes next. He's not running for a second term in the Senate. Most likely he figured that he could either win the nomination or that he'd be a shooin for a VP slot, but that road isn't looking good for him either. His fallback is likely Governor of Florida, but idk if he's still popular enough down there to pull it off.

13thforsworn

Was at a bar playing pool and watching the results come in.

Friend: "Kasich is winning Michigan, OMG!"
Me: "You realize he's winning by literally less than 40 votes, right?"
Friend: "..."
*next polling station results come in*
Me: "Aaaaand Trump is winning by 200 votes"

Top Bottom