Forumer Chat Thread

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Sweet weekend update: All I did last night was get horrendously drunk and watch Dragon Ball Z. Shit was great.

The Hound

Just Monika
Cool, I had been considering doing that as well since they've redone all the episodes since when I watched them during the 90's. I just finally got around to watching the Battle of the Gods movie, terrible story, but great animation and it did massage my nostalgia bone.

The Hound

Just Monika
I was hearing it was bad, but the people I saw complaining didn't offer details, so what's sucky about it?

13thforsworn

I was hearing it was bad, but the people I saw complaining didn't offer details, so what's sucky about it?
They completely overhauled the notification system. Now instead of having a small icon in the top left corner of your lock screen, you know have giant cluncky blocks in the middle of your lock screen. Which brings me to the next problem. Because these notifications are in the middle of your screen, in order to unlock your phone, you have to swipe up in order to get rid of the notification tray, and THEN you can punch in your lock code or swipe code. It's one extra swipe, but it's ANNOYING AS FUCK, considering before, it just worked. The next problem I have is the fact that it fucked my contacts list in the phone app. It pulled all the contacts I have from Skype and my various emails, so now instead of people I can actually call, it has all of you fucks and your skype names as well as the hundreds of email contacts I have (most of which are from like elementary school friends who made dumbass emails in like grade 5). There used to be an option for this before, where you could have JUST your skype contacts or JUST your email contacts or JUST your Google contacts (aka the people I actually call). Not anymore! Everyone's clumped together in a ridiculous list! They also retextured a lot of the menus and app icons, which look ugly in my opinion, but I can get over that. I care about the FUNCTIONALITY of my phone, which has currently gone to shit. Apparently retexturing menus also included burying features in menus as well.

They did add some new stuff that is actually good, but it's overshadowed by all this bullshit that drives me insane. When I have some time, I'm gonna do some research into how to revert back to Kitkat, because I can't stand this new OS. Everything just worked before, and now they've made everything more tedious and harder to access.

I realize that this is a "first-world problem" and that I should just "get over it", but the fact of the matter is, you don't fuck around with stuff like phones. These are devices that many people have within arm's reach at every waking moment of their lives (I don't consider myself to be addicted to my phone, texting every second and checking updates and whatnot, but it's still in my pocket or on my desk at all times). They expect it to work a certain way and when you fuck it up, people get pissed off. It's like if you came home and everything in your house/room was rearranged or painted over or whatever. You just don't fucking do it. Or if you do, you give people options. "Here's our new system, but you can switch back to the old one if you like." Don't lock them into a mandatory update.

/angry "i dun liek change" rant against the machine

Last edited:

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I am looking forward the the update, but I have HTC and they skin the updates so I have never really spent time with Android's default GUI. Currently I have Kitkat 4.4.2 with Sense 6.0, but when it updates it's still going to be Sense 6.X and there probably won't be too much of a GUI change.

What I am scared of is the shit your describing. Since Lollipop 5.0 is such a new OS change and a dramatic one at that haven't really been updated and it'll be as if we had been downgraded to some junky-ass old OS. Hopefully these developers get off their asses and support Lollipop soon because a lot of manufacturers are working on their updates and I'm pretty sure the point of upgrading is to make things better and not worse. Just sayin'.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
Hi, internet family.

Just stopping by to say hi and to borrow some money.

Top Bottom