Forumer Chat Thread

13thforsworn

Good to know all that Kickstarter money is being put to good use.
During the Kickstarter, it was stated that the goal was to have UQ released by November 2014. Is there an indication of how far in development they are with UQ? There were some pretty expensive perks that people will be pissed about if they don't materialize.

Xander

During the Kickstarter, it was stated that the goal was to have UQ released by November 2014. Is there an indication of how far in development they are with UQ? There were some pretty expensive perks that people will be pissed about if they don't materialize.
I would suggest that someone go ask him about it, but that hasn't worked out too well for me in the past.

Requiem

Every time something starts to make me laugh, there's some cringe worthy editing shit that just kills the moment.
Honestly, I've been watching Rob's stuff for a little while now, getting back into his content, and each of his series are different than the other in terms of editing and little things here and there. LoM videos are barebones with brief edits, TTT videos are easy to make with basically no editing, pokemon stream videos are highlights usually and have almost literally no editing, and apparently this new series has more editing than the others. That makes sense considering the content of the video. They're not doing plot like in LoM, it's not scripted, it's the first video in the series, it's a super ridiculous series overall, and Haunter does edits like those if Rob tells him to.

Overall, it's pretty par for the course, at least with that one new series. *shrug*

Xander

I guess you're right, but still, he's paying someone to make his videos worse. It's actually a really cool idea for a series, but the editing just fucked it up.

According to Rob's twitter, he's going to do a day long stream on Christmas. Hopefully that means he'll be doing Drink Night with Roamin and Gaary, or something like that. I miss those holiday specials that he used to do.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I've noticed that a lot of forum rp's don't really get anywhere, maybe we could start a roll20 group or something. Also I'm starting to get some doubts about Uquest. Rob doesn't seem like the person to be able to just drop something this big or do it half baked. I thought from the beginning that 2 years was too short of a time to make a game on the scale that Rob described. I'm fine with waiting but the problem is the deadline that Rob set when he was selling his idea to backers. Some people will more than likely get mad that he is going to take longer to finish his game so that everything is polished, but I bet barely anyone would if he set the eta on the kickstarted to november next year when he first made it.

Firedemon

I would have resubbed to WoW after WoD launched, but all of my friends are fucking traitors and randomly decided to go Alliance.

Fucking.

Alliance.

I know how you feel. I went back because of my roommate, and he's Alliance. Fucking. Alliance. I boosted a brand new Alliance character and am now superior to him in gear. Clearly Horde players are better.

So I just went on Rob's channel to see what he's been up to:

Rob sucks now. Every time something starts to make me laugh, there's some cringe worthy editing shit that just kills the moment.
That particular video is not representative of the amount of editing in his videos. That video was intended to be cringe worthy. That whole series is about cringe worthy games.

Requiem

Let us count the number of things Rob has finished.

Oh.
He's streamed/finished a whole bunch of pokemon games, start to finish. He's also finished numerous versions of DvZ and he's got the ongoing, pretty successful, even if only relatively, LoM series he's doing with all of his Buffalo Wizards.

URealms might not have ever "finished" but it's pretty clear that he didn't mean to finish it, just get it to various stopping points and decide if he wanted to keep going with it at those various stopping points. He also definitely finished that Cake Bandit event on the URealms Minecraft server. He's also finished an album, as in music, based all on Pokemon which is actually pretty ridiculous and good, in Rob's sort of ridiculous and good way. He's also rebooting URealms since, if we're being honest, it's been a few years since he's done anything with it.

All in all, Rob's been pretty successful and finished plenty of projects. Like Rob always does, when he sets his mind to work on smaller projects, he gets them finished, but if he tries to plan out a huge, multi-year-long project, yeah, he might not keep everything in perspective. That's why I only paid him a dollar for UQ, really.

Firedemon

On what Req just said, I think Guude's video on their falling out and the future of Play Mind Crack explains Rob's work ethic very well. He only works on things he's passionate about, so when he wasn't terribly passionate about the stuff the Mind Crack guys wanted on the server, not much of that got done in favor of what he was passionate about himself. Rob's passion with UR is obviously not 100% constant and consistent, like anyone's passion for anything, so his work on it will not be 100% constant and consistent.

Requiem

Since I'd rather not post this on Facebook, I'll bitch about it here. I can't fucking breathe, my nose is clogged up, I got a tonsil stone that won't come out, I'm gassy, my sinuses ache, I need to pee a lot and I'm farting a lot as well. It's just a confluence of many different, little shitty things annoying me to the point where j can't fucking sleep. I've also got a headache.

In short, I'm dying, I'll see you all on the other side. Ugh, this is bullshit.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Since I'd rather not post this on Facebook, I'll bitch about it here. I can't fucking breathe, my nose is clogged up, I got a tonsil stone that won't come out, I'm gassy, my sinuses ache, I need to pee a lot and I'm farting a lot as well. It's just a confluence of many different, little shitty things annoying me to the point where j can't fucking sleep. I've also got a headache.

Shadow

Banned

There, now you'll feel better.

You're welcome.

Top Bottom