Continuous Mafia Sign-Ups & Discussion Mega Thread

Tag_Ross

Let's not derail this thread with FE/SSB talk. The only thing I'll say is there are other weapons.

Lotus

All finished with the 16 roles for my TTGL game. It's role madness (though not 8 bit theatre level of of role madness) It'll be team Daigurren (town) [10 roles] vs Lordgenome and the four generals (mafia). [6 roles] Various powers performed by certain roles of team Daigurren will increase their 'spiral power' which has some effects on the game. They're points that actually matter for other roles.

I placed the roles in a specific order from most important to least important, in case I don't get 16 players, I can drop them off the bottom of the list without much concern.

If it turns out to be terrible, it's your fault, Riyant. You inspired Tim to watch the show, who in turn introduced me to the power of the spiral.

Of course, if all else fails, you can just blame Tim.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
So... according to people on the mafiascum forums, where all they do is play Mafia all the time, it's recommended for a 13-player game to have between 3 and 4 mafiosos, depending on how many power roles the town and scum have, and it's suggested that adding an SK can help shift the balance more to the town's favor if necessary.

Just thought that'd be a fun fact to share with everyone who wasn't happy with the balancing in LoL Mafia.

...now let's get a couple more signups in for One Punch Mafia.

Shadow

Banned
So, SSB mafia is pretty much done.

Of the 19 roles I wrote, 4 are anti-town. The rest are town.

This game has a mixture of Vanilla Townies, Role Modifiers, and Power Roles (but see Final Smash below)

Final Smash
  • Every role in this game has a Final Smash
  • Each Final Smash has a unique condition that must be met in order to unlock it.
  • You may unlock your Final Smash at any point during the game, so long as your unlocking condition is met.
  • Once unlocked, your Final Smash will remain active for one full cycle (Day and Night). If you choose not to use you Final Smash during that time, it will deactivate.
  • You may unlock your Final Smash as many times as you want as long as you can continue to meet your unlocking condition, but you may only use your Final Smash once during the game. Once you use it, you can't use it again. Using your Final Smash will also prevent you from using your regular ability that night, if you have one.
  • Final Smashes can be blocked, unless otherwise specified. If your Final Smash gets blocked, it counts as used.
Everything is still subject to change, though.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Shadow sign up for that One Punch Mafia.

Or get @Salsy to do it.

Or both.

Getting at least one more person in would be pretty ideal.

Thingyman

Hi guys

Thanks to Ro Ro Ro for pointing me to this thread. I hope it's cool to post this here.

Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 3

Hello fellow Mafia enthusiasts! :)

My name is Thingyman. I am making this post with the hopes that your community would be interested in participating in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual online tournament series that pits representatives from various forum Mafia communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. The representatives are officially and democratically chosen to be “Champions” by their respective communities.

Season 1 (2013-2014) featured 100+ players from 45+ different communities, and the Season 2 (2015) boasted an even more impressive count of 70 different communities represented. The creator of Mafia himself (Dmitry Davidoff) has even supported and endorsed the series by previously offering to privately chat with the ultimate winner.

This year we’re expanding once again; 136 communities will be invited to participate, making this not only the biggest Mafia event ever, but also the largest cross-forum event in the history of the Internet.

Are you interested?

I am hoping very much that this all sounds exciting! If interested, I would need you all to name one representative to play on your community's behalf. How you decide this representative is completely up to you. To guarantee your community a spot in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship, I will need to know of your community's interest within the next week (until April 4th). Following this, you will have an additional two weeks to decide your nominee (until April 18th). Additionally, it would be a very good idea to also name an alternate.

When deciding your nomination, please consider the following: You should of course be aiming to send one of your best players. But more importantly this individual needs to be able to participate adequately in terms of activity. Be prepared for at least upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. The representative needs to not only be able to read all this, but should also at least be able to manage 10+ posts per day phase. I repeat: These games will be active.

Season 3 Specifics

• 136 different communities are invited to participate. If some decline the invitation, I may opt to allow larger communities an additional nominee.
• 8 Qualifying Games will be played with 17 players each.
• 2 players advance to the Finale Game from each game based on post-game votes.
• 1 Wildcard Game will be played (Wildcards are decided by a jury consisting of former finalists), determining the 17th and final spot in the Finale. Runner-ups in this game will be first in line to replace any finalists who may have to drop out.

Season 3 Timeline & Important Dates

The first Qualifying Game is set to start April 25th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

In addition to this, it is also a priority to ensure as much as possible that all the players in any given game has no prior history of playing with each other to ensure a level playing field (but I cannot 100% guarantee that this won’t happen).

Season 3 Game Design & Setup

For each season, we’ve changed it up. This time, we’re doing something new again!

The setup is called Matrix12 and is inspired by mafiascum’s popular Matrix6 setup, if any of you are familiar with that. In short, the concept is that there are 12 different possible setups and the host randomizes which one is used. The players know what setups are available, but not which one will be used!

I can link to the setup if a link is okay.

Regarding lynch mechanics: There will be a deadline each day phase, and the person with the most votes at the end of the day is lynched, unless a majority has already been reached before then, in which case the day ends prematurely.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends).

Top Bottom