Active The Maching Dead CYOA: Chapter 8 - B Team

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Based on TC's office stories, the police are going to be Sideshow Bob and 13thforswarn. I want to see more characters ASAP.
Something wrong with the current ones?

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Search for Regis: (Lots of people)
Search for weapons: (Null)
Call the Police: (Walrus)
__________________________________________________________________________________________

"I thought we left the back light on," says Requiem as they approach Regis' house. The porch light is off and there are no lights on inside the house.

"Might be a power outage," says Easy.

"Just what we need right now," says Muffin.

Easy opens the sliding glass door, and the three of them carefully enter the dark house. Easy closes the door behind them.

Muffin flips the lightswitch, but nothing happens. She sighs. Requiem shakes his head.

"I'll look for Regis," says Easy.

"Then I'll look for weapons," says Muffin. "Req, you want to call the police."

"Yeah-oof!" says Req as he bumps into the kitchen counter. "And try to find a flashlight or something."

Easy nods and walks down the hallway. He carefully inspects each room, softly calling out for Regis. There is no answer. He tests several light switches along the way, but none of them work.

Easy enters Shizno's room.

"Regis?" he calls out.

No response.

Easy notices Shizno's car keys on his desk. Shizno had an older car. He rarely drove it. Easy takes the keys and leaves the room. He regroups with Requiem in the kitchen.

"Line's dead, as expected," says Requiem, holding the useless phone. "Any sign of Regis?"

"No," says Easy. "Looks like he got out okay. I found Shizno's car keys though."

"Good," says Req. "It's still parked out front, we can get out of here with that."

A bright light shines across both their faces. The light goes to the floor, and Muffin walks down the hallway.

"Found a flashlight," she says, turning it off and placing it on the counter. "These too."

Muffin puts a baseball bat and a machete on the counter.

"Great find!" says Req.

"Any preference?" asks Easy.

"Uh, yeah, I'll take the machete if you don't mind," says Muffin.

She picks it up from the counter. Req looks at Easy. He motions towards the supplies on the table.
________________________________________________________________________________________
What does Easy do?

-Take the baseball bat, give Req the pocetknife
-Take the flashlight, keep the pocketknife

Walrus

The force of any attack by Easy with a baseball bat would immediately break the baseball bat. Give that to Req.

Additionally, while one swift chop by Easy can cut through anything a pocket knife can (and more), such a chop would probably create a lot of noise. Keep the pocket knife as a stealth cutting option and maybe for whittling bows and arrows later or something.

Last point: Seeing stuff is pretty manly.

Therefore: Take flashlight. Keep pocket knife.

Requiem

Give me the bat, we've already established that Easy IS the weapon. Easy has offense down, he just needs to up his special skills. Flashlights would provide an opportunity to do so. Besides, he's smart enough as well as strong enough to quite possible turn a battery into a bomb and take out a horde of zombies by himself. What's in a flashlight? A battery.

Besides, I'm more of a mage-ish character, my words are my best offense and words can't do much against zombies. Give me a bat and I'll have a better means of defending myself.

Colonel Thunder

Take the flashlight, keep the pocketknife: 2 (Walrus, Req)
Take the baseball bat, give Req the pocetknife: 1 (Jeroth)
__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Didn't you play baseball in high school?" asks Easy as he takes the flashlight.

"No," says Requiem as he picks up the baseball bat. "But I was hoping for the bat anyways, so it's good."

"Cool, so we're not empty-handed" says Muffin, leaning on the counter. "And we have a car now. I say we take off before more Fuse zombies show up."

"Good call," says Requiem. "I don't think Shizno or Regis will be coming home soon."

Easy, Requiem, and Muffin carefully exit the house through the front door. The suburban street is dark and empty. None of the street lights are working. A few houses have newly broken windows. Shizno's car is parked in the driveway. The three survivors approach it quietly. Easy starts to unlock the door, but hears Muffin whisper, "look".

Easy looks where she's pointing. A dark figure stands across the street, staring at @Dragonruby s garage.

"It's too dark, I can't tell if that's a person or a zombie," says Req.

Easy can't make out the difference either.
________________________________________________________________________________________
What does Easy do?

-Shine the flashlight on the figure
-Call out to the figure
-Start the car and drive a bit closer

Last edited:

Requiem

Well you don't call out to anyone in a zombie situation, silence is always the best option. Cars are noisy as well, but they make for good getaway vehicles, so using it in this instance isn't totally bad, but it's also not the best choice.

We got a flashlight, let's use it. Shine it on the figure, I say.

Colonel Thunder

Shine the flashlight on the figure: (most everyone)

Easy shines his flashlight at the figure.

"I think that's Pineycorn," whispers Muffin.

The figure turns around and it is indeed @pineycorn . However, his chest is torn open. Green slime oozes out of the chest wound, and out of his eyes and mouth.

"Shit," says Easy.

Pineycorn looks towards the group and runs towards them, making strange noises with his throat. Requiem steps forward with his bat ready.

Easy hears a vehicle rapidly approaching, and soon headlights flood the street where Pineycorn was running across. Pineycorn stops and faces the light, then is hit by a small pickup truck. Pineycorn bounces off the hood and hits the ground hard. He starts to get up, but before he can, @facqual leans out the passenger window and shoots him in the head with a pistol. Pineycorn drops dead. @Jeroth rolls down the driver window and looks at the group.

"Hey, need a lift?" says Jeroth.

"What's going on?" asks Req, approaching the truck. Easy and Muffin follow.

"I don't know," says Facqual. "Jeroth and @Crowbar109 and I were hanging out downtown a few hours ago when the power went out. Then these things started attacking everyone."

Easy hears several growls. The group looks back and sees nothing, but Easy hears several more zombies, probably a few hundred meters away.

"Speaking of which, we need to get out of here," says Jeroth. "You folks want to ride in the back?"
What does Easy do?

-Get in the back of the truck
-Take Shizno's car

Last edited:

Requiem

Get in the back of the truck. It's dangerous, but Shizno is so lazy, he probably didn't maintain his vehicle, like, at all.

Other methods of reasoning this decision out would be good though. If you take two cars, you could get split up and smaller numbers might not be good in this situation, at least for a few days. Getting all in the same car could be dangerous too though, especially in the back of a truck.

What does everyone think?

Chickenspleen

I'd go with the truck. Since we're riding in the back, we'd be able two see where the zombies are in both directions.

Top Bottom