Active The Maching Dead CYOA: Chapter 8 - B Team

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
-Get in the back of the truck: (everyone)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Thanks," says Easy, climbing into the back.

Req and Muffin follow Easy. Muffin looks hesitant.

"Not exactly seatbelts this way," she whispers while climbing up.

"You don't trust Jeroth's driving?" whispers Requiem.

"No," she replies. "I just think the roads are going to be hell. Things might get hairy."

"Everybody in?" shouts Jeroth.

"We're in," says Easy. He looks down the street and sees several zombies running towards them, still a hundred meters off.

Jeroth accelerates and drives down the street.

"Where we heading?" shouts Muffin, trying to be heard over the engine.

"Police station," answers Facqual. "They'll have more weapons, more survivors, maybe an idea of what's going on."

"Look, I hate to be that guy," shouts Requiem. "But we should get out of here. I mean leaving Mach Entertainment, maybe for good."

"Take the highway out of here?" asks Jeroth. "But what if there's more survivors? Hell, we only drove around the neighborhood first because Chlegyr said you were all at the treehouse."

"We can't fit anyone else in the truck," says Requiem. "We need to leave before things get worse, bunker down for awhile somewhere safe. Mach is compromised."

"Well what's gonna stop what's happening here from happening there?" asks Jeroth. "We might be the only ones who can stop this thing, or at least help people."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What does Easy do?

-Support Requiem, leave the forum
-Support Jeroth, check the police station

(This choice will determine the next "chapter".)

Walrus

Don't turn your back on the forum. I don't care that Breaking Out is technically a song about leaving temporarily to come back later. Check the police station now. It's the heroic thing to do + getting a better understanding of the situation is important for figuring out what to do next.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Logical answer is follow Req, because if we find people; we might not have enough space. We'll likely lose more people than we are to find them, but we can get supplies. However - drama, tension, and conflict all drive a story. Who ever heard of a version of the Hobbit where he told Gandalf to fuck off and sat in his home. That's boring.... and it'd be weird to go against myself.

Support Jeroth

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Gosh, this vote looks like it might end up being pretty close; I'd better step in with that preemptive tiebreaker and say hit up that police station. (I ain't no bug-out bitch.)

adorablemuffin

Lol the funny thing is that IRL I hate seat belts and wear one 0% of the time.
I'm too cool for seat belts.

Anyways, hit up the damn police station. They might have donuts.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Support Jeroth, check the police station: (basically everyone)
________________________________________________________________________________________
CHAPTER 2

Several minutes later...

Easy, Muffin, and Req sit in the back of Jeroth's truck. Jeroth drives, and Facqual sits passenger. They drive slowly towards the center of town, where the police station is. Many windows are broken in various stores they drive past. One building is on fire. Easy sees several zombies approach the truck, but Jeroth speeds up, and they eventually give up chase. All of the zombies look either exactly like Lord Fuse, or very similar to him.

"Oh man," says Requiem as they drive past the mangled corpse of Maretocks, green ooze forming at the wounds. The crew is silent for several moments.

"Facqual," says Muffin.

"Yeah?" he responds.

"You said Crowbar told you where we were," she asks. "Did he..."

"Sacrificed himself to save us," interrupts Jeroth. "We hardly even knew him."

"I'm sorry," says Muffin. "I-lookout!"

A red car speeds down an intersecting street, suddenly appearing to the right of the truck.

"Shit!" says Jeroth as he swerves, trying to avoid being t-boned by the other car.
________________________________________________________________________________________
What does Easy do?

-Duck and hold tight
-Jump out of the truck

Last edited:

Requiem

Someone do some physics here. Just a rough, rudimentary overview of what could possibly happen from both outcomes.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Duck and hold on. From what we've seen, Easy is ridiculously strong. He must have intense grip to match it.

Top Bottom