TV: Rick and Morty

The Hound

Just Monika
Was Evil Morty predictable? Yes. Did they know this? Probably yes since they told you pretty much immediately it was him while so many other shows would have held off that reveal until a later episode even if it was painfully obvious.

AndyM03

I don't think I laughed once. I just kind of watched it in awe and shivered afterwards.
N'aw there were definitely some giggles in there.
"We're working class Ricks just like you, only our production line is Justice" or something like that made me laugh.

The Hound

Just Monika
The idea of Morty getting Mermaid puss made me chuckle, though it might have been the contrast from the rest of the episode.

AndyM03

The idea of Morty getting Mermaid puss made me chuckle, though it might have been the contrast from the rest of the episode.
Who's the most famous mermaid of all?
Ariel.
Ariels a redhead.
Jessica is a redhead.
Morty red hair fetish confirmed.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Pretty funny, pretty dark. I enjoyed it a lot. The fact that it was predictable didn't really bother me in this case, because the curveballs were just curvy enough that I still felt special for that I totally saw them coming.

Requiem

He also dated that Trish chick, I think her name was, when he was wolf of wallstreeting it up in the toxic episode.

He's definitely got a thing for redheads. I don't blame him.

Walrus

Morty's Mind Blowers felt like the weakest episode of the season. :/

I'm having trouble placing why, but I just didn't enjoy it. Maybe because it was a bit too all over the place? I similarly was not a fan of the second inter-dimensional cable episode (season 2).

Last edited:

AndyM03

Morty's Mind Blowers felt like the weakest episode of the season. :/

I'm having trouble placing why, but I just didn't enjoy it. Maybe because it was a bit too all over the place? I similarly was not a fan of the second inter-dimensional cable episode (season 2).
I only got through half the episode. Not because it was unwatchable, I just.. really didn't like the implementation of the concept. I didn't actually mind the second inter-dimensional cable, but it also wasn't incredible.
Ah well, I've enjoyed all of this season so I'm not too troubled.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Part of it is definitely that it had to follow the Ricklantis Mixup.

Requiem

I like these sorts of episodes for what they are. I don't know if it's a doctor who reference, but in DW, they have Doctor-lite episodes sometimes where you barely ever see any actual progression of the main story and the main actors get a break from shooting since they've gone for weeks non stop most likely.

These sorts of episodes and Rick and Morty itself felt like a call back to Doctor Who, so I've always felt comfortable with seeing these less plot heavy episodes. Didn't reveal much, but it did up the tension a little bit.

The Hound

Just Monika
I enjoyed the episode but I was also very excited when they swerved away from doing another interdimensional cable episode, I definitely let out an audible groan when I thought it was going down that route again.

Had it not followed such an amazing episode I would have thought more of it.

Top Bottom