Active [CYOA] Rotten Elms: CH4 - Roleplayers Rolling Deep

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Dude, his last post was almost exactly two months ago.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
All disagreed. Tirin has thousands of words of screen time in The Road to Free Roller already, and that plot line's barely started. Tirin memes are gonna get real tired. And the Mach Games were a massive Easy's Thoughts-fest. Whitetiger ain't hardly even around anymore. Actually describing what Coolpool's character is thinking, would totally ruin him for me. There's only one real choice, here: Jeroth.

As forever-DM and most CHA-based group member, who better to play the leader? No one.

(No, Tirin. Not even you.)

DOUBLE-VOTE JEROTH, BECAUSE I'M A DOUBLE JEROTH FAN.

I love you. <3

Salsy

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS BUT I VOTE JEROTH

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Looks like we've got the ol' tie in here.

But Easy bribed me, so change vote to Reent.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Jeroth - 7 (Easy, Easy, Salsy, Walrus, Tirin, Req, TC)
Tirin - 1 (Coolpool)

Jeroth couldn't help but grin at the DM of Fantasy Nations getting caught with the hot potato post. Hot postato.

"One might even say... you're stuck with that hot postato. AYYYYYY!"

"AYYYY! But ye, reent, I meant to post but I had a killer hangover from last night.

"I've been meaning to ask Tirin, why don't you just stop time whenever you're hungover and sleep it off?" Coolpool's inquisitive probe was punctuated promptly by his parasol halting. His voice rising a bit higher as it came across as an awkward question.

"Because I ain't a bitch."

"If you ain't a bitch, then why you getting hangovers?"

"Fuck you, mang."

"Hey man! I'm just saying, a real man doesn't get hangovers."

A wary smile spread across Jeroth's face. Easy and Tirin always bickered, but at times, they could get slightly out of hand. The prime example being whenever Easy got the upper hand or if Tirin defaulted to the "c-word." Luckily, Jeroth was always able to derail the argument at certain times.

"Hey, Hey. Guys. Know who was a bitch?"

An infectious cheshire cat grin spread from ear-to-ear on Jeroth's face. Tirin's cheeks puffed out, trying to stifle his laughter as Easy had already been giggling.

"TROVAK!"
"TROVAK!"
"TROVAK!"

The trio busted into laughter as Coolpool smirked and Whitetiger gave a half-grin, attentive to the conversation.

"Man, I have no idea how that dwarf was a paladin. That was just disgraceful."

"Man, remember when we were on Floating Shark Island? The dude tried to fight those rock giants! And that's a rock fact!"

"Ahh.. Yeah, indeed. That was a confirmed fact.

Jeroth managed to deftly defuse the situation as he went back to what irked him. Glancing over his shoulder, he looked at the house that he had passed. He could have sworn that he saw a frail girl with tear-stained eyes staring back at him. Scratching at the back of his head, he tried to ground himself to where he was.

He was in Rotten Elms with the forumers. He was traveling with Tirin, Easy, Coolpool and Whitetiger. They were looking for a place to claim as their own and play D&D at.

He took a deep breath. It was probably just his vivid imagination and too many nights spent immersed in Lovecraftian horror.

"So, uh, Reent?"
"Yeah, Tirin?"
"We gon Enmity when we get to the library?"
"No, Tirin. We need to go meet up with TC in an hour anyway."
"MAAAAN! FUCK THAT SHIT!"

Easy rolled his eyes. "Look, Tirin. Let's just go find the library, we can go read some stuff, then go meet up with them."

Whitetiger glanced around as he paused. "Would this town even have a library?"

"SHIIIIIET! They better! Or.. I'm gonna be real mad about that."

"They definitely should have an archive at the very least. I wonder what they have written..?" Coolpool asked as he peered through one of the windows in the decrepit house.

. . .

The Roleplayers managed to find the library that also doubled as an archive for the town. Surprisingly, for such a small village, it was pretty large. There were two floors - the first floor having a variety of tables and chairs along with a few book cases. The entire second floor was filled with bookcases though.

"All right. Well, let's see if there's any cool inspirations for a campaign or characters or even some history."

Tirin and Easy went to the second floor - eager to dive to the books while Whitetiger and Coolpool stayed on the first floor. The library was eerily quiet sans for the footsteps, creaking wood and the small conversations.

What should Jeroth do?
- Explore the First floor with Coolpool & Whitetiger about the village.
- Head upstairs to skim through the lore and keep an eye on Tirin and Easy.
- Custom

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Tirin has thousands of words of screen time in The Road to Free Roller already, and that plot line's barely started. Tirin memes are gonna get real tired.
I'm sorry for all the Tirin dialogue, but I'm not. He's probably the most fun to write for since I have a stronger grasp on his voice and mannerisms over Skype.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Oh man, definitely go lookit that lore.

But fuck you, man, Easy gets hangovers more than I do. Shit, I got tremendously drunk Friday night and didn't even give a fuck about it when I woke up.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
The lore, but research it in-depth rather than skimming it.
But fuck you, man, Easy gets hangovers more than I do.
That hasn't been true for years. Nowadays, there's a very narrow BAC range between "I'm gonna be totally fine when I wake up" and "I'm still gonna be kinda drunk when I wake up," where hangovers may occur for me.

Walrus

In-depth lore research, only keeping maybe a fifth of an eye on Tirin and Easy as a result.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Lore - 6 (Coolpool, Tirin, Easy, Colonel Thunder, Walrus, and Requiem)

. . .

Jeroth curled his lips into a frown; his eyes swept across the ancient oaken building. Gliding his finger along one of the shelves as dust collected on the tip of his finger. Rubbing the dust into nothingness between his fingertips, he took another step as the wooden floorboard began to give. Creeeeeaaaaak.~ "Spooky stuff.. It would make for a lovely setting..." Jerroth spoke under his breath before looking at cool pool and whitetiger. They managed to find an archive of unlabeled VHS tapes that were almost as old as they were.

"Reent. Enmity Whenmity?! THERE'S A ROOM HERE AND EVERYTHING COME ON!"

"LATER!" Jeroth huffed as he began to ascend the old staircase, taking two steps at a time as his head bobbed up and caught sight of the second floor. The labels for the bookshelves were peeled and faded, leaving it up to the readers to find the correct section.

"Hey Riyant! You should really check out this room. It's hella dope. There's even a secret passage. We're gonna go check it out!"

"Okay. That's your choice. If you die, you won't get to Enmity though."

"We never get to anyway, ya Jamoke!

Jeroth opened his mouth, pausing for a second before closing it. After all, they weren't wrong. Wandering around the bookshelves, his footsteps echoed as did the conversations of Coolpool and Whitetiger. His nose twitched from all the dust that lingered in the air. If they were going to hold up here that they would need to do a deep cleaning at the very least. On the penultimate row of bookshelves, a section caught Jeroth's eye. Three vibrantly colored tomes stood out among the plain brown books. The text on their spine seemed to be faded; his fingers gently stroking each spine as he tried to figure out the titles.

What book does Jeroth pick?
- Sickly Green
- Deep Purple
- Bloody Red
- Fuck this, Going to check on Easy and Tirin.
- Custom

Walrus

Fuck this, let's allow GM Jeroth to pick the most disastrous absolutely no good book that he wants to while we check on Easy and Tirin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom